Seal at door sill? What is it supposed to be? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-16-2018, 07:36 PM   #1

Name: Lorrie
Trailer: Scamp
TN
Seal at door sill? What is it supposed to be?

A previous owner had black duct tape along the door sill. It looks like it's holding on a deteriorated piece of weatherstripping.

Can someone post what their door sill looks like so I can get this fixed? What kind o of weather stripping is supposed to be there?

I have ordered a new rubber seal to go around the door but I'm not sure if this area is part of that seal.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7389.jpg   IMG_7390.jpg  

Lorrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 08:43 PM   #2

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
It is suppose to be a 3/4" x 3/4" piece of foam weather strip. I think you get a piece with a new door seal from Scamp. I found hot glue is good for holding the foam on long term. Some have used a left over piece of the new door seal. I've used a flat piece of rigid foam screwed to the bottom of the floor to make a lower door seal.
Eddie
Eddie Longest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 01:46 AM   #3

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
3/4" x 3/4" black closed cell foam weatherstripping is sold in packages at hardware stores and places such as Lowes and Home Depot.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 09:51 AM   #4

Name: Bob & Jackie
Trailer: 13' Scamp, 17' Casita Spirit Deluxe
Arizona
Door seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorrie View Post
A previous owner had black duct tape along the door sill. It looks like it's holding on a deteriorated piece of weatherstripping.

Can someone post what their door sill looks like so I can get this fixed? What kind o of weather stripping is supposed to be there?

I have ordered a new rubber seal to go around the door but I'm not sure if this area is part of that seal.

Thanks!
We used the same new rubber door strip from Scamp and it works fine.
Bob & Jackie C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 02:03 PM   #5

Name: Lorrie
Trailer: Scamp
TN
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...amp-69820.html

Aha, found a thread on this topic, finally. Good pics of how it came from the factory with the newer seal.