Seals for windows - Fiberglass RV

Old 02-12-2006, 09:55 PM   #1
Name: Faith
Trailer: Scamp
Thumbs up

Need help finding replacement seals for windows for 77S13.
It looks as if we can salvage 3 of the 4 windows. They are old aluminum frames. They prop out with slotted props. The front and back windows have a center prop out, the side two prop at the side. There is no window over the stove.
The front window seems to be a bit bent, so I doubt we can salvage that one. The current window sizes from Scamp are not the same size, so the hunt for windows is a challenge. The "rubber" gasket/seals are hard as rocks. There are a couple of layers of caulking around the windows. As I am removing ALL the elephant skin and foam insulation I can now see daylight around the windows. Little doubt why it leaks.
We still do not have the kitchen/furnace/frige out. Next to come out is the closet.
This is a complete clean out. I am scraping away at the rotten old foam insulation.
We will also be replacing the tiny 8"X8" ceiling vent.
Thanks for any help and ideas.

Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 09:48 AM   #2
Trailer: 1977 Scamp 13 ft
Send a message via Yahoo to Jackie
Faith - Can you post pics? Your 77S13 windows sound far different than my 77S13 windows..

I have large plexiglass non-opening windows with a rubber sealing gasket front and rear, and the jalousied side windows, with aluminum frames, that justed needed butyl tape and re-riveting to seal.

Jackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 07:45 AM   #3
Name: Faith
Trailer: Scamp

Name:   back_77s13.JPG
Views: 39
Size:  13.0 KB
This is the back window proped open.
Faith is offline   Reply With Quote