Searching on the forums - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-04-2019, 12:52 PM   #1

Name: Bob
Trailer: Bigfoot 17G
Oregon
Searching on the forums

Does anyone know whether or not it's possible to limit search results?

When I search for batteries and Bigfoot, I seem to get every post that mentions either word.

Thanks.
bobblangley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 01:38 PM   #2

Name: Justus
Trailer: Currently Shopping
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblangley View Post
Does anyone know whether or not it's possible to limit search results?

When I search for batteries and Bigfoot, I seem to get every post that mentions either word.

Thanks.
The Google Custom Search function seems to be a better option than the built in Search tool. Try using it (with the quotation marks): "Bigfoot Battery" and "Bigfoot * Battery". The * functions as a wildcard so you'll see posts like "Bigfoot 17 Battery" and "Bigfoot Camper Battery," whereas without the * you'll only see posts where the exact phrase "Bigfoot Battery" appears.

I swear I've seen other forums where you could use the Advanced Search to find posts containing "X" and "Y," but it is not so here.

You can also do a post directly from Google.com, appending site:fiberglassrv.com to the end of your search phrase to return only results from this website.

If you are getting a lot of "false hits" and want to exclude a certain word from your search, enter - before the word, e.g. "Bigfoot * Battery" -Escape site:fiberglassrv.com will show you everything with Bigfoot Battery but exclude any posts where someone was making a comparison to their Escape.

Edit to add: The best option you may find is Google Advanced Search: https://www.google.com/advanced_search. Make sure you put fiberglassrv.com in the "site or domain" field.