Seeking your advice on a Scamp 13' purchase - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-05-2010, 07:42 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Seeking your advice on a Scamp 13' purchase

I have an opportunity to purcahse a 2003 scamp with the below features for $5500. Any thoughts, any problems that I should be aware of?

Thanks
Bill
================================================== ==================
Trailer has ac, heat toilet roof vent screen door awning water pumps fridge stove propane, electric, battery no shower or gravel shield. don't have web cam but go on line to scamptrailers.com and look at 13 ft with toilet layout. Same as mine. Condition is mint.. used maybe 20xs since 2003 and is raised on wood and tarped when not used. Also extra outlet inside.
================================================== ==================
Bill caulway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 10:03 PM   #2

Trailer: 1980 13 ft Scamp
Sounds like a steal to me! I'd jump on it. You can always do an outside shower. Where is the Scamp located? (what state?) Things are much more expensive in California!
Gail G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 05:55 AM   #3

Trailer: 2005 Casita Spirit Deluxe 17 ft (was 2003 16 ft Scamp)
Registry
I would just be sure he shows you everything and how it works with water,A/C,battery and propane. Don't take any excuse about not having propane or something. Chances are, you'll love it or should be able to easily sell it should you decide the layout doesn't suit you.
Chris Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 06:05 AM   #4

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry
Seams like a fair price.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 06:38 AM   #5

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gail G. View Post
Sounds like a steal to me! I'd jump on it. You can always do an outside shower. Where is the Scamp located? (what state?) Things are much more expensive in California!
I am in New England, MA. Where there are alot of boats and campers in peoples yards for sale. This Scamp is in NY. I think that as a general rule things are more expensive in CA. I will definetly do an outside shower. I was going to convert the shower to storage anyway - making this the perfect solution. Now I have to convince my wife that this is a great deal and something that we will get alot of years of pleasure from.
Bill caulway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 11:46 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill caulway View Post
I am in New England, MA. Where there are alot of boats and campers in peoples yards for sale. This Scamp is in NY. I think that as a general rule things are more expensive in CA. I will definetly do an outside shower. I was going to convert the shower to storage anyway - making this the perfect solution. Now I have to convince my wife that this is a great deal and something that we will get alot of years of pleasure from.
I bought a new custom-tailored 13' Scamp a year ago. We travelled 22,000 kms and lived out of it for 5 months. If the Scamp on offer has MOST of the options YOU want (I'd pass on a lot of the options you list, but perhaps add a few others), the price sounds excellent. You can ALWAYS get close to that price in a few years if it doesn't work out or you -- and think of the fun you'll have figuring that out! Go for it! Richard
Richard Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 12:15 PM   #7

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry
Used Scamps are like old classic cars, they never go down in value, if you take care of them.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 09:44 PM   #8

Trailer: 1980 13 ft Scamp
2003 Scamp

well, Bill...think of it this way. You not only have something you can enjoy the great outdoors and see our wonderful countryin it, but you also have an extra guest studio if you can store it on your property. How can you beat that? I am only selling my 13' Scamp because it doesn't have a toilet inside and my husband's medical condition requires one now. They maintain their value and they keep really well. Hope you are able to convince your wife!
Gail G. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp