Senior Moments - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-02-2011, 01:23 AM   #21

Trailer: 1999 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Before you get in and drive off, walk around the rig once looking both up and down. Saves embarrassment.
Herb Sutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 02:07 PM   #22

Trailer: Trillium 13 ft 1973
...and after the walkabout, pull ahead to the edge of the site...and get out of the tug and pick up the left-behind : levelling blocks, electrical adaptor, hose "Y" , pressure regulator, door mats, picnic table clips, any trash you forgot, and etc. & etc.
That being said...I always leave something somewhere during our three months in the Florida sun...must be the absence of snow that muddles my mind!
Alistair Camelford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 04:15 PM   #23

Trailer: 1983 Scamp 13 ft Standard
This thread needs the .
Old 01-02-2011, 05:11 PM   #24

Trailer: 1996 Casita Freedom Deluxe 17 ft
One of my first trips with my Casita was up to Wyoming where I followed a dirt track up to the crest of the ridge top in an almost deserted section of the Medicine Bow National Forest. I had a lovely evening sitting outside in my lounge chair watching the sun sink slowly and the stars come out. The problem? As far as I know, that chair is still up there because I somehow managed to take off in morning without it. By the time I realized it, I was down so many dirt roads that I thought I'd never see civilization again. Ah well. I guess that's why I don't buy expensive stuff.

By the way, I would strongly advise everyone to put an isolator or disconnect relay in their tug. They work no matter if you're paying attention or not.
Terry G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 07:03 PM   #25

Trailer: U-Haul VT16
Registry
I... forgot what I was going to say!

Old 01-02-2011, 10:45 PM   #26

Trailer: 1999 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
We left Las Vegas and drove to Lake Havasu towing our popup. I backed it into a site and unhitched. Then no crank handle to raise the top. At a local RV store I bought a crank that was for the landing gear on a 5th wheel, it worked. Two days later I got the right crank from a Coleman dealer in Phoenix. When we got home to Florida we sold the popup and bought our first TT.
Herb Sutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 06:11 AM   #27

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Herb, I bet that made you CRANKY!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 08:13 AM   #28

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: All... If you don't believe in the "Hear After" just walk into any store. Soon you'll be asking yourself "What am I hear after"???
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 08:31 AM   #29

Trailer: 2010 16 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Registry
Distractions during the set-up / take-down routine can create problems, too, not just "senioritis". I know Arizona Eileen, ourselves and some others we know make it a rule not to walk over and start visiting with friends who have just arrived or who are getting packed up to leave camp. Besides being thoughtful and considerate to leave people alone when they are going through their set-up / take-down routines, it also can help prevent serious goofs due to having your mental or written checklist routine interrupted. So If we don't run over and say "hi" right when you arrive it's not because we don't love you -- it's because we DO -- and we want you to stay safe. (You're on your own for mistakes you make by yourself, however. Can't blame us for those! )
WtMtJim is offline   Reply With Quote