Seriously considering new Parkliner - help please - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2015, 09:38 AM   #41

Name: Denny
Trailer: Lil Snoozy
Michigan
If I were in the OP's shoes I'd buy a standard park liner but have them delete the parts you didn't need. Finish it yourself or have a local RV shop do it.

I don't think they are out of line asking for 100% down for a custom unit. Sounds like they are selling all the standard units they can build. The hassle and added complexity of interrupting their standard process flow is hard to underestimate.

Speaking as a retired automotive engineer with a peripheral knowledge of quality systems, adding the variation and complexity of non-standard parts or processes greatly increases the chances for quality problems down the road.

If I were running a tiny company like park liner or lil snoozy, both I imagine struggling to build high quality trailers repeatably and control their costs, I might delete things but I sure wouldn't add anything.
Old 01-22-2015, 10:19 AM   #42

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat in Michigan View Post
Carol, if you ever saw a Parkliner in person you would understand why we love them. They are such quality built trailers and offer features that the others just can't match.
I HAVE actually seen more than one up close and personal!

My point is/was that at some point in life some of us come to the realization that paying a bit more for a product to a company that has a solid customer service record is worth it if it means avoiding the frustration of having to worry about whether or not the people who made the product will actually answer the phone or even be in biz to be able to fix it under warranty should you have a problem with it.

Personally would seriously consider a well loved used trailer of another brand than buying a new trailer from a company with such a poor customer service record.

But I appreciate we all have a different threshold as to what we are willing to gamble and what level of customer service we are willing to live with.
Old 01-22-2015, 10:34 AM   #43

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat in Michigan View Post
Carol, if you ever saw a Parkliner in person you would understand why we love them. They are such quality built trailers and offer features that the others just can't match.
I have actually seen , toured ,sat in a Parkliner . I came away with a different opinion than yours and evidently you see things I do not . Our opinions are both correct and I wish you continued enjoyment of your PL .
Old 01-22-2015, 04:00 PM   #44

Registry
Just out of curiosity what is the asking price of a Parkliner with the following options these days:
Flush toilet
2 Burner propane range
Propane furnace
Propane water heater [6 Gal.]
Grab handle next to entry door
Refrigerator, 3 way power [120 VAC, 12VDC, & LP gas]
Screen door
Awning
Old 01-22-2015, 04:13 PM   #45
Sid

Name: Sid
Trailer: Parkliner 2014
Wisconsin
Carol
$19720 with the options you list.
Sid
Old 01-22-2015, 07:10 PM   #46

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid View Post
Carol
$19720 with the options you list.
Sid
Seriously!

Let me see one could pay a company with a very poor customer service record, and a short questionable track record in regards to quality build US$19,720 or they could pay US$18,187.70 (based on todays exchange rate of .0883 on C$22,500) for a stock 17' trailer manufacture from a company such as Escape that includes all those items as stock, who has a great customer service record and builds a quality & longterm proven trailer and they also have a willingness to do a lots of customizing.

I guess I just don't get it & probable never will!
Old 01-22-2015, 07:43 PM   #47

Name: Robert
Trailer: Shopping
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
Seriously!

Let me see one could pay a company with a very poor customer service record, and a short questionable track record in regards to quality build US$19,720 or they could pay US$18,187.70 (based on todays exchange rate of .0883 on C$22,500) for a stock 17' trailer manufacture from a company such as Escape that includes all those items as stock, who has a great customer service record and builds a quality & longterm proven trailer and they also have a willingness to do a lots of customizing.

I guess I just don't get it & probable never will!
Of course, those trailers are built in Canada so customer service may or may not be great for US buyers and warranty repairs...who does those for them? I still don't see the basis for the comment regarding Parkliner customer service as being "very poor". I don't think there are too many 2-1/2 year old companies who have excellent customer service records. Just sayin'...
Old 01-22-2015, 07:48 PM   #48

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdcastle View Post
Of course, those trailers are built in Canada so customer service may or may not be great for US buyers and warranty repairs...who does those for them?
You obviously haven't talked to US Escape trailer owners or you'd know that customer service from ETI is second to none.

Warranty repairs are determined by what it needs, all appliances for instance are warranteed by the appliance manufacturer. I know Camping World would work on my Escape if needed and they're 3 miles from my house.
Old 01-22-2015, 08:31 PM   #49

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdcastle View Post
Of course, those trailers are built in Canada so customer service may or may not be great for US buyers and warranty repairs...who does those for them? I still don't see the basis for the comment regarding Parkliner customer service as being "very poor". I don't think there are too many 2-1/2 year old companies who have excellent customer service records. Just sayin'...
You should ask the dozens of Escape owners here who are located across the USA about Escape's willingness and ability to arrange to have any issues that have had come up with their trailers fixed either close to their home or close to where they are camping. If you have been here for awhile you would know that has not been the case for a number of Parkliner customers, even though its a US company.

Also suggest if you review all the posts regarding Parkliner's in the history here you will get a pretty clear picture as where the bases of my comment regarding the historical lack of customer service comes from as well. Heck one only has to look at the posts here of the last 24 hours where we have two different people - both wanting to buy one of their trailers complaining that they can't get a hold of them! Also take a look at the BBB complaints that have been filed against them by some of the folks here.

After reviewing the last few years of ongoing posts in regards to Parkliner on the topic of customer service and design flaw issues, you may come away with a totally different perspective of what the companies issues are than I have and I will totally respect that.
Old 01-22-2015, 08:40 PM   #50

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Carol we are all familiar with your same negative comments about ParkLiner...we have heard it before many times.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
Old 01-22-2015, 08:41 PM   #51

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
When you talk to Escape you don't talk to a salesperson either
FYI they started in 1993, built it up from nothing.

Oliver had top notch customer service out of the gate being new. Upgraded axel's for free, etc.

"I don't think there are too many 2-1/2 year old companies who have excellent customer service records."
Old 01-22-2015, 08:46 PM   #52

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Escape
We are happily waiting for the completion of our 5.0 TA Escape trailer; we have owned Escapes for years. I have nothing but praise for all of my experiences with that company since 2004. They started building them in 2003; our first one was #33. I cannot say the same for PL after our (thankfully) brief ownership of a 2012 ParkLiner.
Old 01-22-2015, 09:14 PM   #53
Sid

Wisconsin
As I have stated before, thanks to all that have gone before me and made ParkLiner into the company I dealt with. In 2014 I received mine as promised when promised. I am sorry there are those who find it impossible to believe they could in any way redeem themselves. All I can do is rate them based on personal experience.
You know from my posts how happy we are so I will not bore you again.
sid
Old 01-22-2015, 09:25 PM   #54

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Ummm.... I have no dog in this fight, my Trillium bias is obvious.

While I am a Canadian, and I love that Escape is getting lots of kudos, I think that ParkLiner makes a really good trailer too. This is apparent from the many happy customers, who defend the brand loyally.

I also respect that they have some dissatisfied customers as well. Communication is clearly a problem. Chandler builds fiberglass trailers. I would say he has quite a bit of talent in that regard. I get the impression that he is focused on the production more then the business. It is apparent that he may lack some business acumen. I think that is clear to anyone who has been on this site for any length of time. No one is perfect.

Were I interested in purchasing a ParkLiner, I would expect frustrations regarding customization, so I would purchase the trailer stock, but with deletions of the items I don't want. I am assuming that the deposit on a partially completed trailer would be reasonable. Then, when the trailer was completed to my satisfaction, and paid for. I would shop around, or complete myself, the features that are not stock.

This is not an ideal situation. I am sure that several potential customers have been put off by the problems at ParkLiner. But what I really want to say is that I am glad that they exist. I am glad that this option is available.

I don't understand the vendetta that some seem to have against them, unless they have owned one. They have committed no crime, other then poor customer service. Yet there are still those that LOVE their ParkLiner. They must be doing something right.
Old 01-22-2015, 11:44 PM   #55

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by deryk View Post
Carol we are all familiar with your same negative comments about ParkLiner...we have heard it before many times.
If presenting the facts as a party with no horse in the race, who has followed this companies history from the start and read all the comments good and bad including yours, and suggesting those considering the trailer take a better look at the companies history, both current and past, as well as taking a closer look at other makes of trailers is consider a negative to you and others then so be it.

Whats become pretty clear to me is those who have had issues with the company, even those who have gone so far as to file BB complaints against the company are not willing to be open enough to acknowledge the issues they have had &/or the lengths they went to in order to get their trailers fixed or as is the case for some not fixed. As we both know some haven't been as happy as you in regards to how their complaints have been handled. I recall one particularly unhappy camper raging on here on the topic just last fall. I am honestly beginning to wonder if perhaps some folks had to sign a none disclosure agreement and agree to to say anything more about that they went through in order to get the trailer fix as part of the agreement of getting the trailer fixed The good news for those new to this forum is that the rants in regards to the concerns over the quality & saftey of the build of their trailers and the companies lack of customer service lives on here in the achieves.

Pretty sure if you where in the shoes of someone considering purchasing a new trailer and did not already have a horse in the race, you would want to know what you may unknowingly be walking into. As well as hear suggestions as to what other trailers are out there you may want to take a closer look at.

If someone does their homework and actually looked closely at their options and comes away with the opinion that its still the best trailer for them then thats great. I respect that and wish them Happy Camping!

What I don't respect is those who attempt to sugar coat to those new to our trailers the realities of the companies history and what is clearly an ongoing issue with customer service.
Old 01-23-2015, 12:19 AM   #56

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Escape
The truth speaks for itself. Look at the facts, be an informed buyer, and the rest is history. There is much history and some great wisdom in the archives of this great forum, for sure!
Old 01-23-2015, 07:11 AM   #57

Name: Tim
Trailer: '88 Scamp 16, layout 4
North Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
as a party with no horse in the race

For someone with no horse in the race you certainly are adamant about presenting your (non-owner, no direct experience, hearsay) point of view. As someone else posted, I am glad PL is in the race and wish them all the best. As I do the rest of the FGRV manufacturers. And in America everybody gets to have a say (even our brothers and sisters to the North).
Old 01-23-2015, 07:29 AM   #58

Name: Pat
Trailer: Parkliner
Michigan
So Carol, I also wonder why it seems you have a personal vendetta against PL. I think it is very public knowledge that PL has had some pretty big PR problems in the past, even Chandler is the first to admit that he is a horrible business person. We all know Frank's story but the reality is that his trailer had been (unknown to him) in an accident before he bought it used, which, let's face it, makes a completely different situation. What annoys the crap out of me is that if you took the time to read the the experiences that newer owners have had you would see that we have been very satisfied with our trailers and our buying experience. So please move on and quit trying to be a one man band in you quest to single handedly put PL out of business.
Old 01-23-2015, 07:35 AM   #59

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
If I had only known my ParkLiner had been in a minor mishap before we bought it, my whole attitude would have been different! While I still have some issues with management & promises from them, the bottom line is we love our ParkLiner and are keeping it, thank you. A queen size bed with a toilet & shower along with 6'4" ceiling height in a 2100# dry weight trailer?!? Really. On the other hand, I am surprised ParkLiner is still in business, but the trailers sell themselves!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd 4 door F150 3.5L Ecoboost with 9200# tow package
Old 01-23-2015, 07:38 AM   #60
Sid

Wisconsin
Are we done yet?
Sid
Closed Thread

Tags