Shower - Not Working - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-29-2017, 05:07 PM   #1

Name: Huck
Trailer: ParkLiner
Virginia
Shower - Not Working

I am getting my parkliner ready for a trip. It was still winterized, so I drained the antifreeze and filled the holding tank and lines with bleach/water.

The water pump works and I get water at the sink, the rear outside faucet, and the toilet. When I turn the shower on, I get water for a second or 2 and then nothing. Both hot and cold, same thing.

At first I thought the line or shower head might be clogged, but if that was the case I shouldn't get any water at all.

Any ideas?
Huck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 05:54 PM   #2

Name: Bob
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA
W. Mass
I've had the shower mixer break on me when filled with antifreeze over the winter. In my case water was pouring out of it where it cracked as opposed to yours. Might pull the shower head off and try the shower again, if you still do not get water look at the mixer. The only things I can think of that are common for both hot and cold is the mixer, the hose, and the shower head. Of course I'm not a plumber.
Old 04-30-2017, 09:04 AM   #3

Name: Huck
Trailer: ParkLiner
Virginia
Found the problem. I took off the shower head and there was grit clogging the holes. Cleaned it out and shower works fine.

Then the kitchen faucet wouldn't work. Same problem and same solution.

I camped at several state parks in March and evidently at least one had grit in the water. My filter was leaking so I didn't use it. Lesson learned.
Huck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 10:13 AM   #4

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Registry
The grit is most likely calcium deposits