SHURflo Roof Vent Fan? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-06-2016, 10:10 AM   #1

Name: Bill
Trailer: Had Scamp 13'.
Oklahoma
Registry
SHURflo Roof Vent Fan?

Do you happen to own a SHURflo roof vent fan, Model 275-G1004? Or do you know someone who has owned one?

Reason I ask is I have a new/like new one I bought several years ago along with about a dozen other RV roof vents at a RV Store Sale. And, I'm wondering if it would be worth installing on the roof of my 1978 Scamp 13?

Cutting a 14-inch hole for the fan and making a platform for the fan to sit upon is not a piece of cake! Yet, the fan motor speed is variable, and the air flow is directional in or out. When I tested the fan, the motor was quiet, with the only noise the fan blade.

When I checked to see if this model of fan vent was still being sold, I found it on Amazon for $140. but, the reviews were TERRIBLE! Lots of motor problems were reported.

So I was hoping to learn if any fiberglass RV owners had used this vent fan and what experiences they might have had...good or bad!

Amazon.com: rv vent fans Shurflo: Automotive

All comments will be appreciated,

Bill
Bill Nolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 09:26 AM   #2

Name: kit
Trailer: compact II 1975
New Mexico
Bill I use the vent in my bathroom to allow extra heat out. It is always open. However I have backed into a bush and destroyed the cover for the vent, 20"X8". Do you have one of these you would want to sell? KFaulk
kfaulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 02:09 PM   #3

Name: Jason
Trailer: 2007 Eggcamper & Homemade Tear Drop
New York
Registry
Bill I had one on my Uhaul, it never gave me any problems for the 4 years I owned it. I liked it and like you said very quiet.
Hope this helps.
Jason
Old 04-07-2016, 04:00 PM   #4

Oklahoma
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfaulk View Post
Bill I use the vent in my bathroom to allow extra heat out. It is always open. However I have backed into a bush and destroyed the cover for the vent, 20"X8". Do you have one of these you would want to sell? KFaulk
Sorry KFaulk, but i don't have a vent in that size. Mine are all 14" square.

A 20" x 8" vent sounds like it would be the same size as the air vents used for RV fridges on most RV's other than molded fiberglass ones. You might try Amazon.

Bill
Old 04-07-2016, 04:08 PM   #5

Oklahoma
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkman View Post
Bill I had one on my Uhaul, it never gave me any problems for the 4 years I owned it. I liked it and like you said very quiet.
Hope this helps.
Jason
Thanks Jason very much for the reply!

And you positive feed-back is great to hear. Most likely I will go ahead and install the Shurflo vent prior to this summer...if i can find a small child to get on the Scamp's roof, and cut the hole for me!

I've used Shurflo RV water pumps for years and always had good service from them, so I was hoping to hear some positive comments.

Thank you again,

Bill
Old 04-07-2016, 05:38 PM   #6

Name: Jason
Trailer: 2007 Eggcamper & Homemade Tear Drop
New York
Registry
Glad I could help 👍🏼

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV