Simple question on Casitas - Fiberglass RV

Old 12-24-2015, 01:13 PM   #1

Name: Alan
Trailer: 2000 17' Casita Freedom Deluxe...Tow vehicle 2015 Toyota Tacoma Dble Cab V6 Prerunner
California
Simple question on Casitas

I recently purchased a 2000 casitas freedom deluxe ( which is now in storage)
My question is can someone provide the measurement for the area under rear dinette... Our plan is to leave table it in down position... And i m looking for some large plastic / tupperware type boxes to store clothes etc... I d like ti put 2 large plastic tubs in that area
I m just being lazy since my trailer is not really close
I m thinking it might be about 24x44x12???
Thanks in advance
Merry Christmas & Happy New Years to all

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV

Old 12-24-2015, 02:10 PM   #2

Name: bob
Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
We have a '96 liberty Deluxe 17 Casita. When we bought it, the previous owners, friends of ours, had an artificial Xmas tree storage container under the rear bed. It's a long low plastic container with wheels on one end. Turned out it was a little too long and stuck out from under the bed about 8". So I cut about that much off, made a plywood end with a handle on it, and it works just fine rolling it in or out. I glued a couple rubber pads on the bottom of the outer end to keep it from sliding.

Old 12-24-2015, 02:52 PM   #3

Trailer: 2000 17' Casita Freedom Deluxe...Tow vehicle 2015 Toyota Tacoma Dble Cab V6 Prerunner
California
Good idea
Since they make so many sizes of plastic boxes i m hoping i can find something pre made ( guess i m lazy)
That is why I'm looking for measurements... I do like your suggestion

Old 12-24-2015, 03:06 PM   #4

Name: Eddie
Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Virginia
Alan
If the bed stays down all the time remove the leg sockets from under the table top to get more storage space. On my last Casita the PO made a wood box out of plywood to fit the area under the bed. He attached furniture moving pads to the box so it would slide on the carpet. He also added side and cross bars to keep the box in place during travel.With the custom box all the space was utilized and you could store fairly tall stuff.
Eddie
Old 12-24-2015, 03:24 PM   #5

California
Another good idea.... Any Idea of measurements ( guess i need to dust off my table saw

Old 12-24-2015, 05:17 PM   #6

Name: None
Trailer: None
None
On my 17 ft Casita ,the converter is located in the face of the rear dinette bench. The converter needs ventillation space. . Filling up the whole area under the bed with storage tubs may lead to the converter overheating. The required free air space for the converter is listed in the converter manual.
Old 12-24-2015, 06:17 PM   #7

Name: bob
Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
On my 17 ft Casita ,the converter is located in the face of the rear dinette bench. The converter needs ventillation space. . Filling up the whole area under the bed with storage tubs may lead to the converter overheating. The required free air space for the converter is listed in the converter manual.
Good point Steve. I keep the storage tub over to the opposite side away from the converter so there is space for air circulation.
Old 12-24-2015, 06:24 PM   #8

California
Again all good ideas ( i had no intention if blocking off the inverter
But i m still looking for some measurements
Anybody ????

Old 12-24-2015, 06:27 PM   #9

California
I meant converter

Old 12-24-2015, 09:30 PM   #10

Name: Byron
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 13' towed with a 2005 Dodge Dakota 4.7l Magnum W/full tow package (over kill)
Oregon
Registry
No measurements here, I'm a Scamp guy. I would however caution anybody of adding too much weight in that area of any trailer. More weight at the read creates a nice pendulum effect for increasing the possible of uncontrollable sway. Crashes and ruin your whole day.
Old 12-25-2015, 12:48 AM   #11
Administrator

Name: Mary
Trailer: Escape 21; (formerly Casita LD 17 & 16)
Texas
Registry
Is your Casita a 16 or a 17 footer? I think the measurement will be different, depending on the length of the trailer. The 16 footer has a raised floor under the big dinette...
Mary F is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 01:58 AM   #12

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Mary is correct. And it would really help if folks made certain their profiles are correct when asking questions. WE really want to help you, but the differences in brand, size or model years could make us give us the wrong answers.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 10:15 AM   #13

Name: LKG907
Trailer: Casita 17'SD
Washington
See posts under interior section in Casita forum website.
Old 12-25-2015, 10:27 AM   #14

Name: Roselyn
Trailer: Casita 16 SD
Texas
simple question on casitas

We have a 2000 Casita spirit deluxe 16'. On the Casita website, the floor plan looks the same as the 17' with the exception of the captain's chairs. The measurement between the two benches in our Casita is right at 28". We keep our back dinette in bed configuration. We use two 30" Coleman Rolling duffles (from walmart-$29) as storage under the "bed." They have a main pocket, front pocket, and side pocket. Even when full, there is still a bit of space between the tops and the table underside and between the two bags. They slide in and out easily and so far have stayed in place during travel. I got them because I couldn't find a ready-made box/bag that fit as well without leaving wasted space or being difficult to use.

Tags
casita