Single propane tank holder - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-27-2009, 02:22 PM   #1

Trailer: 1974 Honey Boler
Hi all, I'm looking for some hardware to mount a single propane tank on the tongue tray of my '74 Boler. (I'm sure this has been covered before but using the search engine hasn't pointed me in the right direction yet...)

The original tray is in place but I didn't get any of the hardware to mount a 20 lb tank. I've gone to a few RV dealers but all they have are big dual tank holders. I'd appreciate some tips and ideas that satisfy my criteria of cheap, easy, and quick.

Thanks,

Kevin
Kevin M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 07:49 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Kevin, how about this topic. Propane Tank hold-dpwn

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 09:26 PM   #3

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
DANG!! I had one for FREE at our last egg meet!!!

No one wanted it so it got 'recycled', LOL!!!!!
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 11:19 AM   #4

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
I looked and looked for one and gave up- my tank sits on my spare tire, and everything is strapped onto the tongue. It would be a bit of a nuisance if I needed the spare, but not that bad, (not much worse than anywhere else the spare might be) and works great for the propane tank.

Though I'm thinking of changing it as I'd like to have a rack for exercise pens behind the tank and that leaves no room for the spare.

Bobbie
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 01:17 PM   #5

Trailer: 2000 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
You might contact Victor at Casita, in Rice Texas. I have purchased all sorts of items for my Casita from him. Mine is a 2000 new-to-me Spirit Deluxe & came with a single 20# tank, held down with two simple but separate metal straps that hooked over the lip of the top of the tank, one on each side, and was affixed to the frame or tank holding angle iron with bolt and wing nut. An ingenious arrangement for sure. Tighten down two wing nuts to secure it and just loosen them to remove the tank. Needing more propane but being frugal with weight, I moved it over, drilling some new holds for the 20 pounder's new position, and added an 11 pounder beside it. For that tank, I fashioned two more straps similar to the ones on the 20, but just shorter for the shorter ll pound tank. It works great. The trick was to find a piece of metal and bend it slowly in a vise to fit. Go slowly. Drill out the hole for the bolt before you begin bending.
John Hussey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
propane