Sink Plumbing and Moped Racks? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-16-2007, 09:41 AM   #1

Trailer: 1985 Scamp 13 ft
Send a message via Yahoo to Tirah
Anyone have any pictures of the plumbing under their sink? Our was completely hooked up weird when we bought it (ie. garden hoses + clamps), and I'm reinstalling everything from scratch. I thought I read something about venting the drain pipe, but ours has no vent. I'm actually almost done with the drain/faucet plumbing, but I'm wondering about that drain vent.

We don't have hot water or freshwater plumbing (we don't dry camp right now).

Also, Does anyone have a moped carrier setup, and if so, where is it mounted (including if it is carried on the TV)? Mine is specifically a 49cc Tomos Sprint (http://sportsbay.com/tospmo.html), which is 106lbs but almost as narrow as a bicycle, so I think some type of heavy duty bike rack would work, provided it and the trailer/TV could carry the weight?

Thanks!
Tirah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:20 AM   #2

Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via Yahoo to Pete Dumbleton
I don't have a photo, but the your undersink plumbing may be correct, as Scamp (and others) does use hose and clamps.

There are really three systems under there, tank water, city water and drain.

The tank water is a tube going into the bottom of the manual pump faucet (look closely at the base to learn which lever position keeps water in the tube between uses and which allows the tube to drain back to the tank).

The city water is a regular sink faucet connected to a wall fitting that goes outside and allows a hose from an outside source to be connected.

Presuming you don't have a full bath with gray tank, the sink drain connects to a wall fitting that empties right outside. What I have done for my gray water is connect a short piece of hose to the fitting, with the other end cut off. I took a laundry detergent jug, cut out the internal spout and drilled a hole in the cap just barely larger than the hose. I set the jug on the ground, put the hose in and the fit is tight enough that the little bugs don't gather. Empty the jug down the sewer hole or carry to toilet.

I don't know where you plan to put the bike, but the rear bumper of the egg is not a good idea. Hanging weight as far back as possible on a trailer creates a sway problem... Also the bumper is not intended to carry vertical weight.
Pete Dumbleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 02:48 AM   #3

Trailer: Boler 13 ft
I thought I read something about venting the drain pipe, but ours has no vent. I'm actually almost done with the drain/faucet plumbing, but I'm wondering about that drain vent.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tirah:
If your Scamp is built like my Boler 13ft the run, of drain pipe, from drain to outlet is only about 16 inches and unless there is a need for the water to rush out of the 3/4 drain no vent is needed.
A vent is used to relieve the air pressure in drain lines to let water travel down pipes faster. I notice when I let the water out of my basin with no drain hose to gray water tank it drains faster then when I place a 4ft long hose on trailer drain to get it to run into a tank
I have fixed this by placeing a TEE on the hose, with a stand-pipe (vent) going up about 6 inches to let air into the system where it is exits the trailer and make sure the end of hose is not in gray water in tank.
All this added plumbing is done to the hose so the tight area under sink is just as you said with garden hose but I replaces mine with 3/4 clear hole I got at Home Depot.
An internal tee could be placed in this drain line and a vent could be taken from here but for it to work properly the termination of this vent line should be 6 inches above the rim of the fixture it serves to the outside air.
Gerry the canoebu ilder
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote