Sink replacement - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-17-2016, 03:25 PM   #1

Name: Casey
Trailer: Burro
Virginia
Sink replacement

I recently just made a purchase of a 13ft Burro, the kitchen sink is missing and I found a Scamp sink online, I was wondering if this would be a suitable replacement? Thanks
Gypsycouple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 01:46 AM   #2

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsycouple View Post
I recently just made a purchase of a 13ft Burro, the kitchen sink is missing and I found a Scamp sink online, I was wondering if this would be a suitable replacement? Thanks
Welcome to FGRV, kind of surprised that no ones answered. I don't have a Burro but an rv sink isn't any different than your house sink. For rv's they are plastic or metal and as long as the LxWxD is good, any of them will work. The depth you can use you'll have to figure as what ever plumbing may be left will some what determine how deep it can be. You may also look into a Hepvo trap to replace the common P trap used under sinks, it may give you a bit more clearance for a deeper sink.
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 05:50 AM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
It seems like most all-molded-towables typically use a "bar" sink. Either in plastic or stainless steel. Measure the cut out in your trailer counter and go to a big box store like Lowes or Home Depot and check out the offerings. You can probably find something local and save yourself shipping charges.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 11:54 AM   #4

Name: RB
Trailer: 1992 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Virginia
Helpful Donna called it first. It's probably one of about three standard sizes of bar or hand washing sinks - all are very commonly available anywhere in North America. You do, of course, have the option of putting something different in, but I'd recommend living with something similar to the original for a while before you decide to make an 'upgrade.'
steelypip is offline   Reply With Quote