Sink water comming up in shower - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-28-2007, 07:24 AM   #1

Trailer: 1999 Starcraft Star Lite 25RQH
Angry

Help Help. I have a 17 foot Boler, (1978 version) It has not been very well taken care of. When we drain the sink, we get water in the shower. I have 2 vents, one on the sink side and one comming out of the black waste tank. I have checked to make sure they are both clear. When I drain the sink, Water comes up in the shower. I am thinking that I need to put a vent into the grey water tank. I am thinking of putting a one way valve into the side of the tank at the top. Any thoughts. Yours in Bolering. Jim
Jim Stacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 07:31 AM   #2

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 2003 16 ft
Registry
This sounds like "the same thing only different" that Gina suffered. Does/did Gina's experience offer any hints?

Gina's Drain Investigation
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
Steve L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 10:18 AM   #3

Quote:
This sounds like "the same thing only different" that Gina suffered. Does/did Gina's experience offer any hints?

Gina's Drain Investigation
Yep. Now having read Gina"s problem for the umteenth time, I think I will have the problem fixed when I raise the vent pipe. Thanks for your insite. Yopurs in Bolering. Jim
Old 10-28-2007, 11:41 AM   #4

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
I still havent raised mine, but it's good to know what the problem is and can easily be dealt with. I will use my blue tote with the grey valve open until I can get it done.

I had full hook ups all last week, and with the hose and valve open, I had no problems at all.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 07:22 PM   #5

Quote:
I still havent raised mine, but it's good to know what the problem is and can easily be dealt with. I will use my blue tote with the grey valve open until I can get it done.

I had full hook ups all last week, and with the hose and valve open, I had no problems at all.
Hey Gina. I sure hope everything was ok when you got back home. I was watching the news and praying for all you people out there. I only had one chance to use the trailer after we got it. So I haven't had full hookups for it yet. We were planning on going the weekend of the 19th, but the tow vehicle decided to fry a wheel bearing so I didn't get to go anywhere. I just bought a 2005 GMC Jimmy that I am looking forward to taking out but will probably now have to wait until after Christmas. I work for a company that transports school kids so I can only go on school breaks. Anyway, I still have lots of other work to do on the Boler. Hoping to head for Northern Alabama right after Christmas. Yours in Bolering. Jim
Old 10-30-2007, 09:12 PM   #6

Trailer: 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe / 2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab
Whenever we'd drain the graywater tanks, the stench would be overwhelming. It was only after several trips that we realized that we should pour some water treatment in the graywater tank just as we do the blackwater tank. The reduction in the smell at the dumpstation was quite noticeable.
BOBSMITH is offline   Reply With Quote