Size of fridge vs size of opening... - Fiberglass RV

Old 01-10-2016, 06:19 PM   #1
Name: Sylvio
Trailer: 1975 Boler
Size of fridge vs size of opening...

I bought my Boler without a fridge. The opening for the fridge is 21" high and 19" wide. I'm planning about buying an electrical fridge. Can I go for one that completely fits the opening or do I need to go much smaller?

In other words, how much space do I need to leave around the fridge if any?

Uncle Cereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 06:38 PM   #2
Name: bob
Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
We put a small 110V compressor type dorm fridge in our Uhaul. It has about 1/2" space on each side and 2" on top. Plenty of under cabinet space all around it. Works great, no problems. I know of others that have put trim tight all around with no apparent problem. I think it is best to have some space for air movement.

mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 06:16 AM   #3
Commercial Member
Name: Ian
Trailer: 1974 Boler 1300 - 2014 Escape 19'
The space around the fridge will depend on the fridge you purchase, be sure to check the instructions and specification for the fridge before you buy. Some don't need any space, others will require a specific side, back or top clearance.
Ian & Joan
1974 Boler "Buttercup" / 2014 Escape 19'
Camping Treasures - Key Chains & More
The Complete Guide to 13′ Boler Fiberglass Trailers
Ian G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 05:25 PM   #4
Name: Bill&Laura
Trailer: 1991 Scamp - "Ziggy"
Glad to see this post today. Our camper came with a dorm sized fridge already stuffed into the hole and there is tight trim around it. It also seems to be tipped back a bit, we are going to take the trim off and pull it out and look at it pretty soon to try and figure out what we have and (with the theme from Jaws playing in the background) what is behind it! Stay tuned! This is Laura, not Bill.
"Not all those who wander are lost." J.R.R. Tolkien
TheWanderers is offline   Reply With Quote