small folding table in scamp - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-22-2008, 04:12 AM   #1

Trailer: 2008 Scamp 16 ft
Hi everyone! I'm pretty new here, I got my Scamp in February, and have been learning so much from this board. Thanks!!!! I want to try something, and need advice. I have a 16' w/ side bathroom. What I would like to do is to put a small, fold down table on the bathroom wall that is facing the sofa. I mean, so that if I sit on the sofa, to my right I could have that small table to set coffee on, or whatever. Then, when not in use, I want to be able to just fold it down. My questions are...would this put too much stress on that wall? What kind of screws should I use, and would this cause a leak from using the shower? Thanks for your help!
Diane G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 06:48 AM   #2

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft
I would think that will work OK. The wall of the potty room is doubled fiberglass and if you use fairly large washers on through bolts it should be strong enough. I have a flat screen TV on a swivel bracket hung there. It swings out so it faces the table.

I would go for as light weight a table as I could find just because I'm weight adverse. I would also try to put the bolts through as close to the corner as I could. The corner is stronger than the middle of the wall. You can get stainless steel barrel nuts to put on the shower side; they look better. West Marine has them and most fastener stores should have them. Alternatively, put the nuts on the outside and maybe oval head stainless bolts with finish washers on the inside. The barrel nuts are relatively expensive but you should only need a few. I would caulk the bolt holes with silicone or Plummer's Goop.

Good Luck.
Capt Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 04:31 AM   #3

Trailer: 2008 Scamp 16 ft
Thanks, Capt Ron! That is exactly what I needed to know! I think I'll head out to the store as soon as it opens.
Love your idea of the TV on the swivel bracket!
Diane G is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp