Small table - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-28-2008, 07:01 PM   #21

Trailer: 1972 Boler 13 ft
Our Boler has the raised floor. We removed the bench and rebuilt new benches. One has storage under the seat and the other has the portapottie. The table fits in between and makes a bed when needed. Maybe this will give you the idea.
Attached Thumbnails
IM000065.JPG   IM000081.JPG  

Barbara Gardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 07:49 PM   #22

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Donna,

I may be missing something here but it doesn't look/read to me like either of those two had the solid (raised) floor there under the couch. I don't see any reference to frame mods, so it seems like they both already had the "niche" there with a door for the porta potti. That makes the floor under the center of the couch level with the main floor of the trailer in the center without modifying it.

Or..?
Raya, You're correct. The Scamps have flat floors, no raised area in the front. I was trying to answer April's comment about the solid fiberglass structure.
"I love that mod, but it appears that you have a molded bench with the cut out already there. Did your trailer come that way, or did you make the cut out yourself?"

There's a niche and door right in the middle, not really a cutout, but in both cases all that was replaced by custom built cupboards so now there's separate seating and room for a table. See also Barbara's comment above.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 08:10 PM   #23

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
That looks nice, Barbara, thanks for the photo (have you posted more of this mod elsewhere?)

One nice side effect of building the dinette "on top of" the raised portion of the floor that some Bolers have is that the table would then be at window height (like it is at the rear dinette). If you used the lower floor height and then built the seats up with the normal height, the table looks like it would be a ways below the window.

Of course how nice to have the cutout there just waiting for you, like in Cyndi's trailer.

Raya

PS I see what you mean, Donna; I was thinking "cut out" as in floor notch, but she must have meant it as in "square missing out of the couch seat base."

PPS I'd still love to see the frame on a trailer with the cutout. What's there where mine has the big honking beam? I mean, I realize it could be cut, but it seems like it would be a structural member.
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote