So, let's say you're 5'11"... - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-02-2015, 11:32 PM   #21

Trailer: 2000 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by honda03842 View Post
William,

We used a 5'10" Casita 16 for a year and I'm 6'1". Bending becomes sub conscious and was not a real issue. That said when it came to buying our own fiberglass trailer we bought a Scamp 16 (taller than the Casita 16) and considered the Casita 17.

As already stated there are a number of even taller choices.
Same here. Folks should not immediately assume that if one is taller than one's camper's headroom, then one does not fit,
. I am 6'0" and have fit quite nicely inside a 16' Casita SD for years with the same 5'10" headroom. Its hard to explain but you just fit.
John Hussey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 12:07 AM   #22

Name: David
Trailer: Former 13’Scamp, now Snoozy
Arizona
Registry
At 5'11" I did just fine in a 13' Scamp (older models) for 25 years, and now that I have shrunk to 5'9.5", we own a Lil Snoozy with 6'4" ceilings.
Dave & Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 02:35 AM   #23

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Many years ago when I was looking for an RV someone told me if you cleared the ceiling standing in the bathroom with your shoes on you would be fine in the RV. Kind of funny now as most of my buddies are 6' plus and knock us shorter folks and then complain of hitting their heads. MMMM, who is really at a disavantage here ? I've gigged them all for being to tall and they pretty much agree that it does become a problem sometimes. Love every one of them and we're still great friends...even if they are still to tall Most of them have to duck a bit in their RVs but it works for them anyway as you really don't spend much time in it other than sleeping.
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 08:17 AM   #24

Name: Al
Trailer: Trillium
California
We have a 1976 Trillium 1300, and at 5'11", I've never had a problem with it. Trillium claimed in a brochure for a 1974 Trillium to have an interior height of 6'3". You may want to look into one of these!
Old 01-03-2015, 08:24 AM   #25

Trailer: 1971 Boler
Registry
Just think of it this way, how often are you in the camper? I do all of my cooking and living outside and only use the camper to sleep or when the weather is bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganchan View Post
...and the eggs you really like have a 5'10" interior height.

Do you redirect your search toward a model that provides several more inches of interior height than you actually need? Or do you go with your first choice and agree to simply bow your head in gratitude whenever you have to stand up?
Rick Mooyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 10:35 AM   #26

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Most of these trailers, you walk three steps and you're from one end to the other. Even washing dishes you're bent slightly at the waist and neck. If interior height was a problem for campers, no one would ever buy a teardrop! If you're inside for a couple of days... how much of that time will you spend standing versus sitting versus sleeping? But, what do I know... I own a 6'4" to 7'6" Escape 5.0TA and I'm only 5'7" tall
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 10:57 AM   #27

Trailer: Toyota Sunrader and 16 ft Scamp
Send a message via AIM to Perry J Send a message via Yahoo to Perry J
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Most of these trailers, you walk three steps and you're from one end to the other. Even washing dishes you're bent slightly at the waist and neck. If interior height was a problem for campers, no one would ever buy a teardrop! If you're inside for a couple of days... how much of that time will you spend standing versus sitting versus sleeping? But, what do I know... I own a 6'4" to 7'6" Escape 5.0TA and I'm only 5'7" tall
This is the same advice Donna gave me at least 8 years ago when I was looking for my first Egg.
I'm 6' 2".
I bought my first 13' Scamp, fixed it up, enjoyed it and then sold it for an offer I couldn't refuse.
I've enjoyed, refurbished and sold at least 8 since then and have never had a problem.
I'm retired so I have spent a lot of time in my Eggs.

John
Perry J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 11:40 AM   #28

Trailer: 1996 Casita Freedom Deluxe 17 ft
Quote:
But, what do I know... I own a 6'4" to 7'6" Escape 5.0TA and I'm only 5'7" tall
Have you considered renting out some of the extra space? Maybe to a troupe of midgets?
Terry G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 11:47 AM   #29

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
IMHO, there are two paramount items in an all molded towable. A comfortable place to sleep and a comfortable place to sit when forced inside due to less than stellar weather. Everything else is gravy.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 02:52 PM   #30
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Quote:
IMHO, there are two paramount items in an all molded towable. A comfortable place to sleep and a comfortable place to sit when forced inside due to less than stellar weather. Everything else is gravy.
.... and a pot to pee in
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 08:05 PM   #31

Name: Tab
Trailer: ParkLiner
Tennessee
The ParkLiner has a 6'4" headroom. Makes it feel much more roomy than my previous Scamp 16'.
Roadie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 01:43 AM   #32

Name: Darrell
Trailer: Scamp Deluxe 16ft
Alabama
I still hit my head going in the door and if I'm standing up I stand with feet wider apart. In last 4 years I don't spend a lot of time just standing in my 16 Scamp. Washing dishes, cooking and taking a shower is about it. I adapted to space.... kinda like going in and out of door slightly side ways or rub shoulders.
Requirements bed, bathroom, kitchen, fridge, heater and especially AC.
One thing I really like about my Scamp's bathroom is a adult sized toilet. One of my Army buddies stick built travel trailer toilet looks like it's made from a kindergarteners... not an adult.
FYI I'm over 6 ft. tall.
Darrell in Al is offline   Reply With Quote