Yep, the 80s Burro
vents were like that. I discovered this in
with my recent leaking problems. The screws were worked loose and leaking into the cabin and running down the ceiling center seam cover.. a real mess.
I temporarily patched them by running butyl tape all around the OUTSIDE of the vent (On the roof) and effectively blocking the path to all the screws, the I used foil tape over that. It worked.
My intent for a permanent repair is the pull the vent, use butyl between the roof and vent lip, and use bolts and nylock nuts w/ a gasketed flat washer backing. I will then use nail polish on the bolt threads as added security, tho it's probably not needed with the nylock nuts.
Nail polish is just as effective as Threadlock, but an eentz of the price.