Spongy Floor :-( - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 10-01-2015, 05:48 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue and Henry View Post
Isn't it amazing that the little Burros hold together even with the rotten floors? I couldn't believe how much was gone and that had to be true for quite awhile. Mine was pudding too. Our leak source is next on our list. I haven't done windows yet, but that's where the water came from so it will be the next great adventure in Burro land at our house!
Same source as ours. Got 2 rolls of butyl tape off of amazon and it did the job-room less than a day, and was the cheapest repair

Old 10-01-2015, 07:52 PM   #16
Commercial Member

Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
Not to burst your hope for a somewhat easy fix but the burro Floors are very susceptible to rot from the outside edge in as there is no protection on the plywood edge and is unrepearable without removing the frame and replacing with new ply. You may get by with a temporary fix but you will have to face it eventually . There are many posts here on replacing the floors and it is not that hard to do . You also can remove all the floor and the cabinets will remain intact.

Old 10-09-2015, 10:28 AM   #17

Name: Sue and Greg
Trailer: 1982 Burro 13 foot and a 2015 Casita Spitit Deluxe 17 ft.
Washington
Registry
Thanks for the response Milkmay. We will see how it goes. I did fiber-seal the four patch pieces. I have fingers crossed that they will last another 30 years....not that I'll be here to know :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Old 10-09-2015, 10:31 AM   #18

Washington
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrestlerchic View Post
Same source as ours. Got 2 rolls of butyl tape off of amazon and it did the job-room less than a day, and was the cheapest repair

We did the first window before going to the oregon NOG (which was sunny and lovely). The window was leak less during the pre and post wash down. Success!

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Old 11-11-2015, 11:17 AM   #19

Name: Kathleen
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Washington
Registry
Rot Knot?

OK, this is the thread I was looking for. what a job, and what a good job!

We've had the same thing, where what seemed like a small, localized issue just grew and grew. Our trailer is empty now (well, we left in the ceiling) and we're not started yet on the fiberglassing of 31 holes (counted so far), but have checked the belly band and are wondering--

What is rot knot? When I looked it up, it's some kind of dreadlock shampoo. to prevent scalp and hair mold. Is that right? It's got to be non-toxic to people, and we don't mind, but would like to know we're getting the right stuff.

Thanks.
Old 11-11-2015, 02:07 PM   #20

Washington
Registry
I doubt something for dread locks is going to take care of the problem. Before I discovered the extent of our floor problem we got an epoxy based product that sounded good. This is a photo of the box. As we discovered the extent of our problem we gave up on the idea, but I sure would try it if I found a small area of damage. Sorry about the sideways image.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg