Spring Jack Rod Missing - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-27-2017, 01:41 PM   #1

Name: JLu
Trailer: Trillium 4500
Montana
Spring Jack Rod Missing

Hi all! I have a 1977 Trillium that has spring jacks on the back. I don't have the rod to adjust them. Does anyone know where I could find a replacement?

Thanks - I would love to be able to have some control over the level of the trailer
jennyluucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 02:46 PM   #2

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
I assume you have the telescoping stabilizers that flip down and then slide down with adjusting holes to stick a bar in. It's just a 1/2" round rod. etrailer sells them for a couple dollars, it's probably a hardened steel. I use a big old screw driver with the end ground down so it will fit in the hole. Of course you shouldn't use a screwdriver for a pry bar, but I don't put that much pressure on it.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 03:17 PM   #3

Trailer: Bigfoot Silver Cloud -1988
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
Also, these are not leveling jacks and so can't be cranked too hard. They are actually stabilizers to make sure the trailer doesn't tip backwards if too much weight is in the rear of the trailer. For leveling, a pair of scissor jacks would work well. There are lots of ways to level, starting with boards under a tire. Good luck!
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 03:21 PM   #4

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Never had or used a rod with mine. I just drop the tongue, do what I need to do, and raise the tongue. Side to side leveling should be done at the wheels.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 03:40 PM   #5

Name: Sergey
Trailer: 2014 Scamp 16 layout 4, 2018 Winnebago Revel 4x4
SW Florida
Exactly. Just drop the rear stabilizer jacks down and crank tongue jack up a little.
Old 07-27-2017, 03:48 PM   #6

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
My leveling procedure. Put the trailer where I want with reference to other things like picnic table, etc.
Look at the level on the front (I added it) put the BAL small trailer wheel leveler under the low side wheel. Jack it up until level side to side Put chocks at the other wheel. Unhook, drive away from the tongue. Lower the tongue until the side level (I added it) is about 1/2 bubble tongue low. Deploy the read stabilizers, Put lego blocks under the foot of each side if needed. Jack the tongue up with the tongue jack until level. Light the fridge and get the outdoor chairs out of back of the truck, grab some liquid refreshment and watch the trees grow or cactus depending on where I'm at.
I think I've used to bar maybe 3 times in 11 years.
Old 07-27-2017, 03:50 PM   #7

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
If you attempt to use the stabilizers as jacks the chances are you warp the frame.
Old 07-28-2017, 11:49 AM   #8

Name: Lee
Trailer: Casita
Texas
Registry
Any decent hardware store or home center will sell these rods usually in 3 foot lengths and you can hacksaw it to length and round the ends a little with a file and they are plenty hard for what you need them for.
Old 07-28-2017, 01:43 PM   #9

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captleemo View Post
Any decent hardware store or home center will sell these rods usually in 3 foot lengths and you can hacksaw it to length and round the ends a little with a file and they are plenty hard for what you need them for.
Add a little length of heater hose to the drill rod and you've got a perfect handle!
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium