Squirrel Damage. - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2012, 03:53 PM   #1

Trailer: Triple E Surfside
Squirrel Damage.

Hi All: I posted this question on the "I am" welcome thread under "I am Back" . Mary F suggested I would get more responses here.

My question; a squirrel got inside our Surfside while we were touring the Ottawa museums and chewed some of the wall covering off around the kitchen cupboard. He didn't get in the cupboard but made a real mess. The wall covering is the bubbly, soft to the touch, type. Any tips on how to repair this. It is not a large area maybe 6 or 8 inches by 3 It is right against the left side of the upper cupboard above the sink. The little rascal chewed all around the rest of the cupboard as well but only 1 inch wide. I have painted some of it with thick white paint which conceals the damage somewhat.

I now have it up for sale and would like to do a better job. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Dick K.
Dick K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 05:09 PM   #2

Trailer: 1975 Boler
Registry
Vinyl caulking and a sponge to give it texture maybe? We did that to hid the seams on our Boler. It seems to work pretty well. Have had to fill a couple of new cracks due to shrinking caulk.
Evan Friesen is offline   Reply With Quote