Still Looking for Center seal for U Haul. - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-08-2012, 08:22 PM   #1

Trailer: U-Haul 13 ft 1985
Registry
Still Looking for Center seal for U Haul.

I am back again looking for help to find a replacement for the missing piece for my '84 U Haul. I had it painted this fall, the shop guy removed the vinyl cover for the center flang - or whatever that section is called. Now he can't find anything to replace it with so my Little Darlin' is sitting in my yard with nothing covering the mid line flang. Let me try to better describe what is needed, think about how fiberglass campers are made: two side sections formed then joined together forming a center line meeting point . That center flang was covered with a heavy vinyl , "U" shaped, seal, about 1' on each side, about 1/2 wide, it was a light tan color. I have one small section of it and can provide pictures if that'll help. That center line flang cover was removed and discarded ( why I will never understand) and now the owner of Finsish Line Auto Body in Millersburg, now can't find anything to replace it with. It has been months, I am going to my lawyer this next week to see what I can do about it thru legal means but that's not going to help me get the camper fixed!!! Of course I paid him in full, fully expecting hinm to find the part and finish the job. It seems that being trusting has caused me another problem. Any suggestings anyone can come up with will be greatly appreciated.
J.S.Lahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:34 PM   #2

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.S.Lahm View Post
I am back again looking for help to find a replacement for the missing piece for my '84 U Haul. I had it painted this fall, the shop guy removed the vinyl cover for the center flang - or whatever that section is called. Now he can't find anything to replace it with so my Little Darlin' is sitting in my yard with nothing covering the mid line flang. Let me try to better describe what is needed, think about how fiberglass campers are made: two side sections formed then joined together forming a center line meeting point . That center flang was covered with a heavy vinyl , "U" shaped, seal, about 1' on each side, about 1/2 wide, it was a light tan color. I have one small section of it and can provide pictures if that'll help. That center line flang cover was removed and discarded ( why I will never understand) and now the owner of Finsish Line Auto Body in Millersburg, now can't find anything to replace it with. It has been months, I am going to my lawyer this next week to see what I can do about it thru legal means but that's not going to help me get the camper fixed!!! Of course I paid him in full, fully expecting hinm to find the part and finish the job. It seems that being trusting has caused me another problem. Any suggestings anyone can come up with will be greatly appreciated.
I like the Idea of adapting a Scamp bellyband to that application,, I think it would look GREAT!
However... last I looked JCWhitney had the stuff like you are looking for in two sizes and three colors check with them.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/colored-fle...erid=c3813u0j1

http://www.jcwhitney.com/flexible-in...erid=c3813u0j1
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:40 PM   #3

Name: pat
Trailer: uhaul 13
nj
Weatherstrip Trims - Weatherstriping Edge Trims, QuickEdge Weatherstrip Trim
goosler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 02:39 AM   #4

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
I like the Idea of adapting a Scamp bellyband to that application,, I think it would look GREAT!
However... last I looked JCWhitney had the stuff like you are looking for in two sizes and three colors check with them.

Fairchild Industries COLORED FLEXIBLE INTERIOR/EXTERIOR TRIMS - JCWhitney

Fairchild Industries FLEXIBLE INTERIOR/EXTERIOR TRIMS - JCWhitney

+1 on Whitney. Do a search for discount or free shipping codes for Whitney - there is usually something available.

http://www.retailmenot.com/view/jcwhitney.com

JC Whitney Coupons at CouponCabin - coupon and promo codes for JCWhitney.com
Thomas G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 06:57 AM   #5

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Pretty bad if it is an auto painting place, and they can't find the part at JC Whitney!

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:01 AM   #6

Trailer: U-Haul 13 ft 1985
Registry
Bless you all.....made another search thru JCWhitney - customer service is NT in US...ugh. followed your links and realised i has seen them before. I am concerned about the side measurment - but am thinking fo sending for one just in case it will do the job. I am not going to Sacmp to ck out the belly band. If I still lived in WV I could deal with shop owned differently as "he just needed killiin or a good beatin' '" is a valid defence there. jan
J.S.Lahm is offline   Reply With Quote