Still looking for that... - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-20-2015, 09:06 AM   #1
Commercial Member

Name: Bill
Trailer: 1970l Airstream
New Mexico
Still looking for that...

Hi gang- I have got a service that would be beneficial to the RV community. And would like to know how to install my service in a vendors section on here. Does anyone know where it's located?
MisterBilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 09:33 AM   #2

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
You just sign on as a commercial member, but keep in mind that this is a Molded Fiberglass Group.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 09:39 AM   #3
Commercial Member

Name: Bill
Trailer: 1970l Airstream
New Mexico
Bob I did a decal replace on a Burro a while back...is that what you mean by molded fiberglass- as the outer body of it looked like two pieces joined in the center?
MisterBilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 09:50 AM   #4

Molded fiberglass, as in the body shell is usually made in two pieces vs. "Stick Built" where there may be sheet fiberglass panelswith conventional construction with lots of edges and a very square shape.

Look under the "Manufacturers" pulldown at the top of the page for typical units.

Same as comparing your Airstream to other conventional trailers. A lot in common and a lot very different, especially attitudes...LOLOLOL

Old 04-20-2015, 11:00 AM   #5

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Bill, I see that you are already registered as a commercial member. To post your product or service, there is a section of the Marketplace just for vendors. Click on the Classified tab at the top (ignore the drop-down menu) and look down the list of sub-forums for Commercial Posts and Products. That's your spot!

In answer to your other question, yes, the Burro is an example of a molded fiberglass trailer. The exterior shell is formed in (usually) two large molds in the shape of the finished trailer. The pieces are then fiberglassed together to create a unitary fiberglass body, which is then set on a conventional lightweight trailer chassis. Sometimes the interior is built out in fiberglass, too (like the Burro). Others use traditional wood cabinetry inside. The main distinction between molded fiberglass and conventional construction is that the fiberglass shell is seamless and self-supporting. There is no framework of wood, aluminum, or steel inside supporting the walls and roof. It's different from framed trailers with a thin fiberglass skin.

In these parts, we think molded fiberglass is the best way to build a trailer, bar none!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 11:17 AM   #6

Gotta say, unless I really needed an item real bad, and couldn't find it elsewhere, I might look in those rather lengthy and somewhat dated listings. For the most part, Commercial members also start a new thread in the General Chat forum to announce products of interest to FGRV owners.

But as was earlier seen, sellers of car parts and such might not be so well received in the forums sections.