Still Stinks - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-18-2011, 08:20 AM   #21

Trailer: Boler and U-Haul
A buddy of mine bought a truck that smelled from smoke.I lent him some stuff called nilodor. You just put a couple of drops on a piece of paper towel and put inside the trailer. If it is really bad use a few of them. The truck is now free of the smoke smell.
Al
Alan Ursacki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 09:17 AM   #22

Trailer: 71 Boler
I used to have a detail shop with a friend and we have an ozone generator, it will definitely take the smell out and your welcome to borrow it but it'd be a heck of a drive maybe check with local detail shops, if they have the machine they will often guarantee to get the smell out
Brian Tin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 12:19 PM   #23

Trailer: 1991 17 ft Horizon
I would wash everything you can inside that trailer, cupboards, under seats, inside cupboards etc. When I use to refurbish old jukeboxes I would use scrubbing bubbles , and you should see the nicotine run down. Then use one of the de-oderizers others have suggested. Last plenty of fresh air.
Tim Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 07:34 PM   #24

Name: Verna
Trailer: 2008 SideKick
Indiana
Registry
+1 for Odo-ban from Sam's Club. My SideKick had a weird smell in it that I couldn't get rid of. I took all cushions out, sprayed them with Odo-ban and left them outside overnight. I used Odo-ban and scrubbed all of the interior from floor, under the beds, all of the walls, inside the cabinets and the ceiling. Smell gone!!!! Great stuff.

Verna
Indianapolis, IN
Verna S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:29 PM   #25

Name: Jim
Trailer: 16 foot Scamp
Minnesota
Still stinks

Years ago I helped redo a burn car which stunk of all things burnt. The guy I was helping got several bales of green alfalfa and put in lose in the car, let it set in the sun for week after that it had nothing but a fresh smell. Messy to clean up but smelled great.
minnfinder
minnfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 10:06 AM   #26

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
I would check with a fire restoration company on what they would charge. My guess is you need to wash everything with something that can remove old smoke odors and also replace the cushions...clean the fabric and replace the foam, but there may be a way to clean it. I guess it depends on your level of smoke detection, though.
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 01:20 PM   #27

Name: David
Trailer: 1978 Trillium 1300
Cumberland, Indiana
Registry
I work for a fire and flood restoration company. We have to clean/eliminate heavy smoke odors from interiors all the time. Anything that can be removed from the smoked area goes into the ozone chamber at our shop. The more porous the material ie. seating, seat covers, fabrics, the better the ozone will work.

All surfaces on the interior should be wiped down and cleaned thoroughly. Then a portable ozone machine should be placed in the trailer for several days. This will eliminate your problem permanently.

A few words of caution. 1.) Do not breath the ozone for any length of time. 2.) It is possible to "over-ozone", the ozone smell will remain for a while if used too long. 3.) Ozone destroys rubber. Any rubber material like door gaskets, refrigerator seals or even foam rubber pads should be taped off or otherwise protected.

Check your Yellow Pages for local restoration companies, they should be able to help you out.
Old 11-26-2011, 11:35 AM   #28

Name: Elie
Trailer: 1983 Burro 13'
Colorado
Stink

I noticed that the propane adds a smell. I turned mine off.
Elie BBBurro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 06:34 AM   #29

Name: Ken
Trailer: 19' Scamp
Nebraska
You might look at this
HR 200 Scent Elimination for Tree Stands and Ground Blinds
I have doubts it will do what they claim as far as hunting goes, but have heard good reviews on descenting things in bags or closed rooms.
You could probably sell it on eBay afterwards for 1/2 to 3/4 of new??
Earl E. November is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 07:00 PM   #30

Trailer: 2008 Oliver Legacy Elite
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elie BBBurro View Post
I noticed that the propane adds a smell. I turned mine off.
Propane smells if it leaks. I'm glad you turned it off.
I hope you will have the system checked before you turn it on again.
Do you have an LP detector in your trailer?

Sherry
SherryNPaul is offline   Reply With Quote