Stink Bugs "CRAZY" - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2013, 07:37 PM   #1

Name: Ted
Trailer: (Dark side)Crossroads Now
Glade Valley, North Carolina
Stink Bugs "CRAZY"

Ok, this is a little weird. When we bought our 2002 one owner Scamp 5er. We noticed as soon as we got it home there were stink bugs around inside. The PO had not used the unit in a year and it was parked under a carport cover. We began the clean up; washing down the inside, cleaning, vacuming and wiping out all cabinets and storage areas. We washed and cleaned everything. We replaced all curtains. We've had the Scamp since April and we are still finding stink bugs in the camper everytime we go in. However, most of the time now the ones we find are dead but it just dosn't stop. I found 5 more today on the carpet and seat cushions. We don't have a problem with them where we live. It's just in the Scamp every since we brought it home. I'm hoping they will finally die off for good, but it seems like they just keep showing up. Anyone else ever had this problem or any suggestions. Crazy Stink Bugs.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:13 PM   #2

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
Ted, get 2 litre soda bottle and a dollar store LED puck lght. Cut the neck off the bottle at the very top of the cylindrical area. Put the puck light inside. When it gets dark, run the trailer furnace or an electric heater. In summer temperatures, you may not have to do this step, as the eggs are plenty warm for hatching. Next, turn on the puck light, press the neck of the bottle into the main part to create a funnel. Place the trap near where you think the bugs are hatching. Sometimes it's hard to tell because they go to the light during the day, which usually puts them behind the curtains at windows or near vents with translucent covers. You won't catch them all but there will be less that have to be squished by hand. It took me about two weeks in May to get my brood from fall 2012 hatched and caught (picked up in a local state park and at Owens Creek SP in MD). The "stink" doesn't bother me but it is an eye irritant so the less caught by hand the better.

jack
rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote