Stinky slinky hose brands? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 02-25-2016, 11:07 AM   #15

Name: Pat
Trailer: Escape 2013 19 ft
California
As well as we did on our Escape in rear ,besides their holder added a black ABS pipe strapped on bottom framing with plumbers tape to frame , to carry extra drain hose which sometimes you need . The drain hose original with trailer was very thin and as soon as got home trashed it . Purchased new Presto Fit hose. Pat

Old 02-25-2016, 11:21 AM   #16

Name: Maynard and Jacquie
Trailer: Casita
Tennessee
Registry
I bought a 2 section Camco kit with elbow at Walmart for around 28-29 dollars. The first time i used it the hose came apart from the connectors. I had to buy large hose clamps at the hardware store to keep it together. I was disappointed since this was a brand new hose. Lucky for me it was gray water coming out when it came apart. It's a dirty job, but someone has to do it.

Old 02-25-2016, 11:27 AM   #17

Name: Pat
Trailer: Escape 2013 19 ft
California
When you use Presto fit hoses give them a twist after you push them together . Pat
Old 02-25-2016, 11:32 AM   #18

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Ralph, would you consider taking that Fugly thing off the front of your Scamp and adding a holder to the rear... under the bumper area? A number of folks have done that (in fact I think new Scamps no longer have the tube mounted on the front). There are many different methods of making a stinky slinky tube holder. You'll then have many more options and lengths of sewer hoses you can buy/use.
I removed the front holder as not only did it look strange sitting on the front of the trailer but it did not do the job well - did not hold the hose and the fittings.

Used a 4x4 fence post under the trailer - holds the hose and all the fittings. One of the top mods I have done to the trailer.

I have used various hose brands over the years and so far the RhinoFlex is my favourite due to how it is so easy to compact down in length. I have also learned over the years that dragging a hose on any surface is not a good thing as it will result in leaks. I pick it up when ever it needs moving no matter how short a distance or the surface it is on.
Attached Thumbnails
slinky hose holder2.jpg   slinkyhose 1.JPG  

Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 02:32 PM   #19

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 77 Scamp 13
Michigan
Quote:
Ralph, would you consider taking that Fugly thing off the front of your Scamp and adding a holder to the rear... under the bumper area? ......
I'm doing that and I don't even have toilet or holding tank. For awning poles. I figure people will think I have a deluxe model with a bathroom when they see the holder on the back bumper.

Oh and hi Donna.
Old 02-25-2016, 04:35 PM   #20

Name: Floyd
Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
IllAnnoy
Registry
I have a steel square tube rear bumper in which I carry a length of sewer hose.
I kept the front holder in which I carry a short maybe 6ft (custom cut to length) hose with an elbow on one end. I use the short hose alone with my blueboy and also when I can get close enough to the dump station inlet. When needed, the additional hose (15ft I think) from the bumper can be used alone or coupled to the short hose.
Attached Thumbnails
scamp pictures 005.jpg   DSCF0015.JPG  

DSCF0012.JPG  
Old 02-25-2016, 05:39 PM   #21

Name: Ken
Trailer: Scamp
Minnesota
Registry
Quote:
Ralph, would you consider taking that Fugly thing off the front of your Scamp and adding a holder to the rear... under the bumper area? A number of folks have done that (in fact I think new Scamps no longer have the tube mounted on the front). There are many different methods of making a stinky slinky tube holder. You'll then have many more options and lengths of sewer hoses you can buy/use.

Where is Scamp putting the tube holder now that it is no longer mounted in front? Are they mounting it elsewhere or did they eliminate it?

Ken
Old 02-25-2016, 05:59 PM   #22

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdhanso View Post
Where is Scamp putting the tube holder now that it is no longer mounted in front? Are they mounting it elsewhere or did they eliminate it?
Ken
Ken, I'm sure they didn't eliminate it, but we'd need to get the information where the tube has been relocated from a recent new trailer buyer. I looked at the pictures on the Scamp website. Only a couple of pictures show the tube is no longer mounted on the front.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 06:06 PM   #23

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
To follow Donna's lead, many people have mounted better, longer slinky holders; under the chassis, on the rear bumper, maybe most commonly on the tongue, in front of or behind the LP tanks. The most commonly used holders are 5" fence post covers.
I've never had a Scamp but I've done that on both of my Casitas and on my Bigfoot.
I can't recall on the Parkliner, but I didn't keep it for long.

Walt
Old 02-25-2016, 07:08 PM   #24

Name: Ken
Trailer: Scamp
Minnesota
Registry
Quote:
Ken, I'm sure they didn't eliminate it, but we'd need to get the information where the tube has been relocated from a recent new trailer buyer. I looked at the pictures on the Scamp website. Only a couple of pictures show the tube is no longer mounted on the front.

Yeah. I looked on their site as well and didn't find any clues. I'm curious about where they've decided to relocate it.

Ken
Old 02-25-2016, 11:30 PM   #25

Name: Floyd
Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
IllAnnoy
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdhanso View Post
Yeah. I looked on their site as well and didn't find any clues. I'm curious about where they've decided to relocate it.

Ken
perhaps you are just seeing Scamps which are not equipped with black or gray tanks and thus have no need for a sewer hose or a container for one?
Old 02-26-2016, 06:49 PM   #26

Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Oklahoma
Batdude, just get a nice long Rhino hose and you're done. I had one, it was great, but it went with the trailer when I sold it.
How much time do we have left? 2 Chr. 7:14
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 06:56 PM   #27

Name: Glenn ( second 'n' is silent )
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B '08 RAV4 SPORT V6
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post
Batdude, just get a nice long Rhino hose and you're done. I had one, it was great, but it went with the trailer when I sold it.
As long as the bayonet end fits in your slinky holder.