Storage complications with 7' 6" scamp 13' height? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-19-2011, 06:14 PM   #1

Name: John
Trailer: 13' 2012 Scamp
Wisconsin
Storage complications with 7' 6" scamp 13' height?

Close to buying a new 13' scamp; would love to tour one in person around Madison, WI area if anyone wants to offer

The scamp web site says the exterior height is 7' 6" for current 2011 models.

How realistic is this?

I'm not interested in roof AC (if I'm desperate down the road, I'll do the cheapo small window AC route that is often posted here).

Does 7' 6" include the overall height of the roof vents when they are fully closed and without draining the tires?

Storage is my challenge. For the prime season I'm planning on stashing it next to the garage, but that is literally 6' 10" wide right to the side yard lot line. But those are undesirable neighbors already so I'm not worried about making that relationship any worse. At best I'd be over by a foot or so and simply covering up their weed piles and junk they haven't moved in 10+ years...don't get me started. If anything I'm relishing a little passive agressive retaliation in that direction.

But winter storage is a problem (or if I get into the losing side of a zoning law dispute with the side yard storage). I may need to find another parking spot. And just about every nice convenient 10x20' covered storage units in our region have 7' high door openings (including our 2 car 1954 garage which is even under 7').
JohnF is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp