In 1979 a friend at our sailing club bought an old, old trailer and used for a summer base at the sailing club. He had a propane
in it. After tersting the integrity of the propane
lines he opted to use this light
as his sole source of illumination. On a windy night he closed down the vent to only about 1/2 inch, and closed the windows
to prevent sand from blowing in.
I went to visit about two hours later, knocked repeatedly and got no response. Earl had cooked and eaten supper in the meantime and had two shots of rum and fell aseep ast the kitchen table. When I opened the door the propane light
was burning a deep orange color and there was no oxygen
in the unit. I was able to bring Earl out and began mouth to mouth resuscitation, while my wife called the ambulance. He recovered and was released from hospital four days later. For heaven's sake be careful. The first time can be the last time.