Stove hot while fridge on - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-07-2014, 06:12 PM   #15
Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Perhaps a propane heater?? I'd get some propane testing liquid to make sure that stopper is holding on that pipe. see here Gas Leak Detector with Sprayer, 8oz. - Camco 10324E - Propane Accessories - Camping World

Never in doubt, often wrong
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 06:57 PM   #16
Commercial Member
Name: Charlie Y
Trailer: Escape 21 - Felicity
Any plumber should be able to clean up your propane lines, doesn't need to be an RV shop. All the materials are the same as for natural gas, and they put in water heaters often.

Charlie Y

Don't drill holes, try custom storage you design:
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 07:14 PM   #17
Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 77 Scamp 13
I agree with both Jim and Charlie. The furnace on my 77 Scamp has a round vent hole and is located in about that spot.

Many rural areas don't have natural gas so there will be propane suppliers and they service propane appliances or can recommend someone that they send their customers to for propane work. But propane gas lines themselves are pretty basic plumbing task.

I also agree you need to be sure the chimney from the fridge burner is not clogged or blocked as was suggested on the last page. Spiders and wasps seem to gravitate to obnoxious places like that which are hard to see and get to but when blocked cause problems.
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 07:32 PM   #18
Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1977, 1978 (2), 1300 - 1977, 1973, and a 1972
Originally Posted by morgynm View Post
Anyone know what that terminated metal tube was for? I'm wondering if there was a water heater at some point as I can also see the remains of something round to the outside that must have been fiberglassed over.
Not a water heater, a furnace. Probably a Wagon Master.

On edit:
Opps, obviously others answered first, I just didn't see the second page.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 07:33 PM   #19
Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 13
On my scamp there is a piece of fiberglass sheet running from the top of the fridge curving back to the top of the outside fridge vent it has sides on it too. This deflects the rising heat from the fridge burner out the top vent behind the fridge. It also keeps the heat and fumes out of the inside of the trailer. Its possible your unit didn't come with the fridge but came with an icebox and was not swapped in properly.
stevebaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 08:22 PM   #20
Name: Morgyn
Trailer: Boler
Nova Scotia
Hmm. Without the little boxes that make up the inside of the cabinets, it's just one big empty hole. Should I add something like you mentioned between the fridge space and the tube to the stove? I don't have fiberglass but would a piece of sheet metal be ok with holes drilled for ventilation? When you get a chance, would you be able to post a pic of your divider so I can see what it should be?

1981 13' Boler
Nova Scotia
morgynm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 08:28 PM   #21
Name: Morgyn
Trailer: Boler
Nova Scotia
Originally Posted by David Tilston View Post
... Probably a Wagon Master. ...

I think I've just been amazed!! You know it right down to the make!

1981 13' Boler
Nova Scotia

morgynm is offline   Reply With Quote