Stove top replacement - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-26-2007, 07:45 PM   #1

Trailer: Trillium 4500
I have a 1980 Trillium 4500 with the with a two burner stove. The stove top is all rusted and pitted and it looks crappy. I tried cleaning it up with SOS pads but it is baddy rusted. New knobs would be nice to get as well.

Does anyone know if you can buy a replacement with the knobs? I think the make is a Brown or Browning. I had no luck on Google either.
Joe Loiacono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 12:54 PM   #2

Trailer: 1999 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe ('Inn EggsIsle')
It would seem to me that a replacement should be available and if your real lucky the insert hole in the counter could be standard. some folks have painted their's with appliance paint after sanding and the knobs are replaceable and usually standard off the shelf items with a "D" hole in the stem
Old 09-27-2007, 02:56 PM   #3

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Perhaps it is from Brown Stove Works, like the one in my Boler. Mine's a different model, with four burners and an oven.

The manual for mine is available from the BolerRV manuals page: Brown Stove Works RV Range Manual - 1978 (1.52 M. That tells you a lot about the stove, but not where to find parts; unfortunately, I don't think Brown Stove Works Inc. makes RV appliances or supplies parts for them anymore, but a call to their service department may be worth trying.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 02:59 PM   #4

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
We've had a couple of discussions about refinishing stove tops. A common assumption is that the non-painted stove tops are stainless steel: that may be true of many, but my Brown stove top seems to be chrome plated, with a brushed finish. It would have to be stripped and painted, stripped and powercoated, or re-chromed; all are possible, and all have been discussed.

Stainless steel stove
U-Haul cooktop replacement
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 03:50 PM   #5

Trailer: 1985 Companion
Registry
I had mine powdercoated but I can't say anything about the durability of it since I don't cook inside. I does look nice though.

Karen K.
Attached Thumbnails
camperstove2.JPG  
Karen K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 04:42 PM   #6

Trailer: Trillium 13 ft 1973
I'm another powdercoat junkie I got the local hot rod guy to sanblast and powdercoat it appliance white. I ,too, rarely use the stove so a year later...no user feedback. I liked it so much I had the frig shelves done in white too.
One thing I did find...the bouncing of the trailer over the velvet surface of I 75 to Florida & back allowed the elements to scratch the finish slightly. Mr Hot Rod guy re-did the top and put a clearcoat over the white. I made little donuts of white shelf gripper and sandwiched them between burner grille and stove top. (doesn't matter too much- I have a hinged stove top cover that is usually down over the entire stove)
Alistair Camelford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 08:09 PM   #7

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Thanks for the information. Sounds like a common problem and I think I will try the Powder Coat route as it will resist heat if and when I ever use this stove.

Joe
Joe Loiacono is offline   Reply With Quote