structural Q: front dinette - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-24-2006, 04:17 PM   #1

Trailer: 1971 Boler
We are now the proud owners of our very own Blue Boler (Bubba) ! Finally !
I would like to remover the bunk beds by the door and put in a little dinette like Barb has done. However, my husband has concerns about a loss of structural stability if we do this. Any comments ?
Paula
Paula D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 08:42 PM   #2

Trailer: 1972 Boler 13 ft
Hi Paula,

Welcome to the site. We are neighbours. I live in Grey County, the Varney area. I think the only stuctural parts you have to worry about are the closet and the cupboard support. Many people have done this mod and as far as I know no adverse effects.
Barbara Gardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 09:17 PM   #3

Trailer: 1971 Boler
Thanks for your reply , Barbara. I guess my question is a little vague, hence the lack of replies ! We want to do some renovations, putting in shelves etc as well as the front dinette and would like to know if there is an underlying frame (like studs in a wall) that you can drill into to attach supports etc. If so, where are they located ? I'm wondering how did you attach the table to the wall ? You look to have a little shelf above the table, too. Did you fasten it through to the outside wall ? I'm hoping we'll meet up with some knowledgeable people at the Emily 'Eggstravaganza' in July and we can SEE how they have done things. Are you planning on going ?

best wishes, Paula
Paula D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 11:02 PM   #4

Hi Paula,

There are no studs or framework of any kind, just the fibreglass which seems to vary from 1/8 to 1/4 inches thick. The dinette table we installed is not attached to the wall. It is a removable leg. The dinette converts to a single bed. We have a grandaughter that comes with us most of the time.
The shelf above the table is attached to the glassed in ledge that the top bunk was hinged to. Anything that you attach to outside walls pretty well has to go right through the walls with the potential for leaks. Here's a couple of pics of mods.
Attached Thumbnails
shelf.jpg  
Old 05-28-2006, 11:06 PM   #5

and another I don't know how to put more than i pic per post. You must try to come over and we can show you in person. We will be in the group section at Emily.
Attached Thumbnails
closetpockets.jpg