Sub floor replacement option - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-22-2010, 02:55 PM   #1

Name: Kevin
Trailer: 13' Scamp
Minnesota
Sub floor replacement option

Hey everyone. I am new to the forum and to fiberglass trailers. I bought a '92 13' Scamp recently and found that I had to replace part of the floor. After looking on the forum I found that I was not the only one with this problem. I replaced my floor with standard "ox board" as they called it at scamp and sealed it with resin and an oil based water proof paint as the best option in my budget. But in my research I found a product called nyloboard that seems like the best material to redo a floor with. It is a little pricey and you have to order it from Georgia but if you live in that area you could pick it up yourself. Here is the website:

Nyloboard

They sent me a sample in the mail and I was impressed. you can get it optionally coated on top and bottom with fiberglass which in my opinion would be the best sub-floor you could get.
kev_ev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 09:55 PM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
30-year limited warranty, Interesting find. A quick glance at the FAQ made me wonder if it has any wood products in it at all? If not, sounds really be good against rot.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 08:54 AM   #3

Trailer: Cloud 13 ft and Compact Jr
Site say "contains no wood". It is apparently recycled carpet fibers and resins.
DonDeutsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 09:45 AM   #4

Name: Kevin
Trailer: 13' Scamp
Minnesota
Here is a discussion about it on an Airstream forum:

Nyloboard - Airstream Forums
kev_ev is offline   Reply With Quote