Table - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-26-2013, 07:03 AM   #15

Name: Michele
Trailer: Currently shopping
New Brunswick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Michele, I see your U-Haul pic as your avatar. Now you need to change your profile to indicate the year/length/brand of your trailer. That helps us help you. Make the change in User CP.

I'd drill holes and mount the trailer the same way it came from the factory. YMMV
Where do I find CP settings on my iPhone? I've been looking...

Old 06-26-2013, 07:07 AM   #16

Name: bob
Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Donna; note that Uhaul [ours anyway] used a recessed table mount that sat in a 2" or so hole in the floor. Apparently Michele doesn't have that base so can't go back to exact original, but I agree just screw or bolt down what she has. On our Uhaul a previous owner had installed another table base forward of the original, so maybe the factory location was not comfortable. Don't know because we never had the table set up. Michele should determine what location works for her before screwing down the base.

Old 06-26-2013, 07:29 AM   #17
Commercial Member

Name: Ian
Trailer: 1974 Boler 1300 - 2014 Escape 19'
Alberta
Registry
I used a very ingenious folding table leg system, they are expensive but work extremely well. Some cool features is that I can fold the table with one hand and you can take the table outside.
Here is a link to my thread about them, scroll down to read more details in the thread.

It Started as a Kitchen Reno- Project Boler

Ian G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:26 AM   #18

New Brunswick
Thanks for all the suggestions.

Looked under the camper and decided it's an end of season job.

Going to get an outdoor camp table for under shelter. There's a little drop down table attached to storage cupboard so if need be, can eat in trailer.

The bed will remain in position.

Just getting bare minimum done so we can enjoy the season. Come far we'll attached that table back to the floor.

Happy camping!
Old 06-26-2013, 08:22 PM   #19

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Good for you Michele, you figured out what works for you! My question, didn't U-haul use a standard base on the floor... something that was used in different brands of trailers? I know it wasn't the usual "over turned" bowl, but it's doubtful U-Haul manufactured the part.

Anyone have a good picture? We could probably help Michele track down a similar part when she's ready to move forward.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 08:30 PM   #20

Name: Kinga DeRode
Trailer: For Sale Or Rent
Rooms to Let 50 Cents
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Good for you Michele, you figured out what works for you! My question, didn't U-haul use a standard base on the floor... something that was used in different brands of trailers? I know it wasn't the usual "over turned" bowl, but it's doubtful U-Haul manufactured the part.

Anyone have a good picture? We could probably help Michele track down a similar part when she's ready to move forward.
The original UHaul part was this one: RV camper Trailer Recessed Pedestal Table Leg Base | eBay

Old 06-26-2013, 08:46 PM   #21

Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas G. View Post
The original UHaul part was this one: RV camper Trailer Recessed Pedestal Table Leg Base | eBay

There you go Michele!

Thanks Tom
Old 06-26-2013, 09:29 PM   #22

Name: bob
Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Good thing Tom found that, I just threw away ours as it was badly corroded, put a metal plate under the trailer floor to cover the hole, cut a wood plug to fill the hole from the top, and installed new carpet. Easiest solution for Michele is probably to get the part that sets on the floor, otherwise she'll have to cut a new hole or open up the old one.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:37 PM   #23

New Brunswick
Got all the parts (not original though). I'll attach come fall. Picked up a folding table for outside under shelter for now. Easiest thing short term. Will tackle that when I'm not planning my first trip this Friday to three day musical festival <squee> thanks!!!
Old 06-27-2013, 08:16 AM   #24

Name: Kinga DeRode
Trailer: For Sale Or Rent
Rooms to Let 50 Cents
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
....... Easiest solution for Michele is probably to get the part that sets on the floor, otherwise she'll have to cut a new hole or open up the old one.
I agree. These flanges come in two flavors, one is flush mount and requires a fairly large hole (about 2.5") to be cut (shown on right). The other sits on top and just requires screws into the floor (shown on left).

Attached Thumbnails
pedestals.jpg  
Old 06-27-2013, 08:41 PM   #25

Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas G. View Post
I agree. These flanges come in two flavors, one is flush mount and requires a fairly large hole (about 2.5") to be cut (shown on right). The other sits on top and just requires screws into the floor (shown on left).
Like life, it's all about choices. It's up to Michele to figure out what will work best for her. THANKS Tom, for the pictures.
Old 06-27-2013, 08:51 PM   #26

New Brunswick
I have that rests on the floor and will require bolts only through floor.

Love all the options !!

Michele
Old 06-28-2013, 08:57 AM   #27

Name: Eddie
Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Virginia
Michelle
I recently found a new pedestal mounting system that does not require the big cone or a hole drilled in the floor. It is sold at Camping World and only sticks up above the floor about 1/2". They only sell one length leg but other lengths are available. I just took my leg apart and cut it to my specific required height. Will post link. It is also sold at marine stores,
Eddie
Sequoia Table Leg & Base System - Product - Camping World