the wooden mount is quite rotten has anyone replaced it ...
I replaced mine. I don't know if what I did will help you because there is such a deviation in the build of bolers. The wood on mine was chipboard (glued sawdust) that was glassed in on a ledge of fiberglass coming out from the body. Here is a shot showing my front one that was in much better shape and I have not replaced it yet.
I could not retain the wood as a template because it was so rotten. I used the curved edge of the table as a template to start shaping a 1x4 peice of wood. I did the final shaping with a plane. Roughened up the contacting surfaces with a coarse file then applied some resin and glass fiber and clamped it to the existing glass ledge. Then I ran a few short screws up from underneath just in case.
I then reattached the metal rail. So far it's held up a couple of years and I don't see it failing yet. IMO the weak part is the bond to the existing fiberglass lip.