Table Parts and etc. - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-31-2006, 08:34 PM   #1

Trailer: 72 Boler
Okay, so I have tried searching for these answers on my own, but I can't find them. My new to me boler 13 unnamed has a few issues, #1 the thing that holds the table to the wall under the back window is missing and I need a picture or something to help me figure out how to connect it. #2 table leg or legs are missing also. #3 front top bunk is not connected to wall either. I will stop here, but there is more. If anyone has pictures or ideas that will help me I will be forever grateful, now I am off to try and figure out how to post pictures of unnamed boler...
Kelly and ?
Kelly S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 08:45 PM   #2

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
Okay, so I have tried searching for these answers on my own, but I can't find them. My new to me boler 13 unnamed has a few issues, #1 the thing that holds the table to the wall under the back window is missing and I need a picture or something to help me figure out how to connect it. #2 table leg or legs are missing also. #3 front top bunk is not connected to wall either. I will stop here, but there is more. If anyone has pictures or ideas that will help me I will be forever grateful, now I am off to try and figure out how to post pictures of unnamed boler...
Kelly and ?
Hi: Sorry I can't post pics but the 2 pc. aluminium rail that holds the table to the wood ledge under the rear window should be avail. from a R.V. dealer. The bent hinges that hold the front bunk under the window are a bit more Boler specific... I don't know if Scamp still uses the same method to hold their bunks but you may find some parts on their parts list at www.scamptrailers.com Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 10:08 PM   #3

Trailer: 1976 Scamp 13 ft
Here are some pictures of what my scamp table latches look like.
Yours may differ.
The two tongues sticking up from the table insert into the receivers mounted on the wall.
There is also a pivoting wire support underneath. Hard to describe but maybe you can figure it out from pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
table_top_almost_hooked.jpg   table_top_almost_hooked2.jpg  

table_top_down.jpg   table_top_hook.jpg  

table_top_up.jpg   table_under_pivots.jpg  

table_under_up.jpg   greywater.jpg  

Thomas Haney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 11:15 PM   #4

Trailer: 1982 Scamp 13 ft
Kelly,

The hinges on the underside of our Scamp's table pulled out a couple of years ago, tearing out part of the particle board. Instead of trying to replace them, we decided to use the system that Casita uses. We bought two sets of posts & brackets that attach to the floor & underside of the table. We've been happy with that arrangement. I'll try to post pics.

It's good to find out about other FGRV owners in Alabama! There are lots of great places to camp not far from us. Welcome to the club!

Sandra
Attached Images

Sandra Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 04:16 AM   #5

Trailer: Boler 13 ft / Casita FD
The pictures of the scamp above are the same set up as my Boler 13 footer but missing the single 3/4 inch aluminum let that centers on bottom of front edge of table and folds up and back toward wall when lowered into bed position.
I have my Boler all wraped up in hibernation so unfortunately I can not get out to it but I have taken pictures of the front bunk hindge and may still have them on my computer. I will look and post a link if they still exist.
Gerry
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 09:11 AM   #6

Trailer: Boler 1984

Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0016_01.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	5853
A number of years ago I made a second table for the outside of our Boler. Look close and mabee you can make out the piece of track and the hanger bracket on the side of the trailer. There is another length of bracket inside fastened to some 3/4 plywood glassed into place under the back window. The homemade support leg has a slot down the centre of the lower portion allowing it to adjust about 5-6 to 8 inches . A "T" crosspiece at the top with some piano hinge to attach it allow it to fold for storage. The table can be used inside or out allowing the bed to be made up permanently if you wish,or have a seating area and table inside as well. With a small camp stove or table top BBQ we do as much cooking as possible outside.
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 02:09 PM   #7

Wow! You guys are awesome. I have been to a few sites looking for parts and so far have found the bracket for the wall that holds the table up at rvpartsoutlet under the heading "coast table support" and I just might use the "kwikee folding table leg". If anyone would scoff at this let me know. Now, the bunk hingey thingy is another story, I probably will have to make something for that unless I get lucky somewhere... My concern is the fglass wall not supporting somebody sleeping up there, I forgot to mention that the boler unnamed is an American born in Kansas... HMMM Tow Tow.

Anyway he/she has no insulation on int. walls, you guys probably knew that.
I'm still trying to post pic's, You guys almost got some x-mas pic's of my family. WHEW I'm sure to get kicked off this site. Thanks again to everyone that responded so far, and I hope to send pic's soon.

Kelly Southern
Old 01-02-2007, 06:52 PM   #8

Trailer: Boler 1984
Kelly If you go to the section about modification and look at the mods people have done in the past it will give you many ideas, Also the problem solving section. On pg 13 is a topic re bunk support.
Check back on these areas. There's a wealth of information and it ca be fun to see what others have done
Good luck
Jim
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 08:13 PM   #9

Trailer: Love Bug / Chevy Astro

Kelly-Let me look around in the garage tomorrow and I may be able to find the hinges from my Love Bug. I will never put the bunk back in so if I can find them they are yours for the cost of shipping. I am pretty sure I know where they are.
Bob Cupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 05:52 AM   #10

Trailer: Boler 13 ft / Casita FD
Glad to have a new member aboard.
Sure would have liked to see those Xmass Picts.
Just Kidding
I didn't have a pict of the hinge but I guess bob may be able to hook you up no problem.
The guys & gals on this site have answered loads of questions for me and I am sure they will for you.
Gerry
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 08:49 AM   #11

Hello all, Gerry- Xmas pic's next year, I promise. Bob- You are my hero, I will gladly pay shipping for anything you want to send, well almost anything. James- That was very helpful about the re-bunk that Kurt did, Incredible job Kurt. Also like your exterior dining table HMMM. Sandra- My fellow Alabamian- You bring up a good point about the particle board not holding up to abuse, I think I will rebuild with plywood. Are you in the south? Thomas- I really like that setup, it looks easy to fold down and up, but I don't see the parts on scamps parts list, maybe it is not used on the newer models. I would like to do something like that since I will be using it alot. Alf- Thanks for the scamp site, very helpful. I did find the table support on a site, as I mentioned earlier, but I am not purchasing anything as of yet until I am sure as to what I am doing, which might be a while. This is my first travel trailer, had a pop-up, too much work for me. I have never even been close to a fglass egg until now so I have no idea what's up, I do have a boat and have knowledge of small glass repairs though, it's a good start. HMMM do bolers float? Sorry to ramble on...
Kelly Southern and ?
Old 01-03-2007, 09:34 AM   #12

Name:   DSCN1537MA19416710_0001.JPG
Views: 99
Size:  10.6 KB
Hope this works
Old 01-03-2007, 09:54 AM   #13

We both need a shower.
Kelly and ?
Old 01-03-2007, 02:17 PM   #14

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
ahhhh look, Kelly is giving the Boler a hug!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 06:32 PM   #15

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500 (plus 2 Rhodesian Ridgebacks)
Registry
Kelly, the parts you located online are pretty much what we have in our original 1972 Boler American. The only difference is that the original folding table leg is tubular (round) rather than square.
The particleboard that the support (back) and hinges (front) screws into was pretty much dust when we bought ours so we glassed a new strip of maple onto the existing glass ledge. Much stronger and looks way better.
Look forward to seeing your changes.
Carol Ann in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 07:22 PM   #16

Thanks Carol Ann, I would very much like a round table leg for mine also, if you have any ideas as to where to get one let me know. I feel so helpless not knowing anything about these little guys, or where to shop for parts.
Kelly and ?