Don't give up on me on this. It's been a real character builder not to mention a black hole for materials.
As it turns out, while the mold would barely fit into the pressure pot, it didn't really fit the mold would warp slightly when the door was screwed down yielding a really messed up casting.
I built an oven of sorts with heat lamps and a heating pad as a base hoping the polymer casts would cure but they never did.
So the red lens was a bust. My solid casting materials, however, will set without heat or pressure so I cast a replica in solid polymer and retooled it. I modified a jewelers saw so I could cut the top from the bottom halves apart. Each piece then had to be tooled again slightly. I then made two separate molds one for each half.
The molds are still large but I Think! I can set the pot to hold each half with a little gerry rigging. If that's the case, I'll mold an amber side and them a red side then I have to build a jig to hold the two pieces together while the epoxy glue dries.
Doesn't sound all that complicated when I write it but it's been a real project.
The two part molds look good so I'm hopeful. End result, if it works will be the two colored lens vs the solid red.
I'm headed out of town again so it will be a week before I can get back on it. I have several other standing orders for other lenses and for a Bargman tail light
fixture I need to get out of the way first but I'm working on it!!. I'll let you know. Wish me luck.