Hey Perk, So far the process is going well. I finally got in my new 5 gal pressure pot I'll need because the lenses are large. I have finished the prototype except for the last sanding and painting
The process is to clean up an existing lens as best I can. Make a mold then cast a prototype in an opaque material, fill the dents and scratches with a body filler then sand. Repeat the process then paint
with several coasts of gloss paint
I will then have to carefully cut the two pieces, amber and red, apart make a mold of each then cast the lenses seperatly. I can only cast one red or one amber a day as even the 5 gal pot will only hold one mold that size.
Then the two pieces will need to be re-glued.
So the process will not be over night but I am making headway. I'll post here when I get the first one done.