Teknosha brake controller - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-16-2006, 07:37 AM   #1

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Registry
I have a Teknosha "Voyager" electric brake controller mounted in the truck,,, on the right side is a wheel marked, "gain" on the left side is an unmarked wheel and facing me is a horizontal sliding bar that manually applies the trailer brakes. There is also a light that glows in red,yellow , orange, and green. When I step on the brakes, nothing happens untill I've really mashed down hard, and then the trailer brakes lock up. Can anyone enlighten me on how this thing should be adjusted? Tnx.
Jerry Driscoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 08:43 AM   #2

Trailer: 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Try this

http://www.tekonsha.com/tevoyagerintro.html

Should be able to find all the info you need there.

Nick
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 09:55 PM   #3

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Quote:
Try this

http://www.tekonsha.com/tevoyagerintro.html

Should be able to find all the info you need there.

Nick
I myself was interested in how these work, from the link above I found the Manual in PDF format that explained it fairly well. Or at least well enough that I would be confident in attempting to adjust it myself.

Roy
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 04:33 AM   #4

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Nick and Roy,,, Tnx for the link,,, its just what I needed. Now another dumb question. How does one get something from PDF format to Microsoft Works format so that I can adjust the document eliminating the un-neededstuff, enlarging the needed stuff and print out a nice large print instruction sheet that I can take with me in the truck. Computers are great, but knowing how to work 'em is even greater
Jerry Driscoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 05:52 AM   #5

Quote:
Nick and Roy,,, Tnx for the link,,, its just what I needed. Now another dumb question. How does one get something from PDF format to Microsoft Works format so that I can adjust the document eliminating the un-neededstuff, enlarging the needed stuff and print out a nice large print instruction sheet that I can take with me in the truck. Computers are great, but knowing how to work 'em is even greater
You can use the text select and snapshot tools in Adobe reader to select the various areas then paste into Works. No need to do all that though.

All you have to do in Adobe Reader is use the snapshot tool to select the section you want, then choose File and then Print. The popup window will allow you to choose the "Selected Graphic" and then set page scaling to "Fit to printer margins". Adobe will then automatically enlarge the selected area to fit onto your page. The preview box will show you what will end up on your page before printing so you can play around with how much to select to meet your needs before actually printing. 1/2 a column will enlarge about 250%, the troubleshooting chart zooms to about 167%.
Old 06-18-2006, 04:42 PM   #6

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Simple method.

From Adobe Reader select File then Print. Input put into the "Page" fields the pages range you want to print. Then OK.
Old 06-18-2006, 10:39 PM   #7

Quote:
Simple method.

From Adobe Reader select File then Print. Input put into the "Page" fields the pages range you want to print. Then OK.
Simpler yet is to just hit the printer icon on the menu bar.

Jerry was looking to edit out portions and print using larger fonts so the instructions could be more easily seen, hence the more complex explanation.

Trying to explain how to do it using 2 peices of software would be even more confusing to someone that had to ask. Especially if I don't know how Jerry does things like Paste. Do I provide all 4 instructions? (Right click > Paste, Edit > Paste, Control + V or the paste Icon)