Television options - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 09-03-2016, 05:09 AM   #15
Name: Gordon
Trailer: Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Originally Posted by Dan Meyer View Post
If I wanted TV in my Scamp, would get a USB-TV tuner for my laptop, and an external speaker.

--Dan Meyer
Exactly what I do (sans the external speaker).

These USB tuners and software can be a little buggy at times but its good enough for occasional TV in the camper. Since I always have my laptop anyway, I don't have to lug around a relatively large TV in addition. At around $70 they will save you a little over the price of a new TV but not that much. I don't use the recording function but its there if you want it.

gordon2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 05:48 AM   #16
Name: bill
Trailer: 1996 Casita LD
North Carolina
The factory mounts the TVs (19 inch) on a swivel attached to the underside of the upper cabinets, in a rear corner. I like the mount, I may redo mine that way. Not sure the rear corner location is so good with our Liberty, I'll have to think on that aspect.

I assume they put a fairly large piece of plywood into the cabinet to support the load, I should have looked at it when I visited the factory.

thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 09:46 PM   #17
Name: Nancy
Trailer: Shopping
It doesn't appear to be mounted to the cabinet ?
Posting of Feb 1st
GirlGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 08:09 AM   #18
Name: bill
Trailer: 1996 Casita LD
North Carolina
That's a Scamp. Casita mounts them on a swivel mounted to the underside of the upper cabinet.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 09:09 AM   #19
Name: Jason
Trailer: BigFoot
British Columbia
Another vote for the USB tuner. We use my 15.4" laptop for all entertainment needs and it works well. If I wanted live TV, I think the USB tuner will work well.

I have also seen Android TV tuner, but not sure if they work well.
JasonCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 02:41 AM   #20
Name: Doug
Trailer: Scamp
15" Proscan 12V TV from Fry's

We got a Proscan 15" TV from Fry's that runs on 12V DC, although it does not come with a 12V cord I was able to get a 12V adapter with several tips including one that fits the TV. We mounted it on the wall between the front bath and side dinette on our Scamp 16. It is very light weight and low power. We have the cable TV feed thru under the side dinette so we can connect it to RV park cable TV or an outdoor antenna.

DougOlson is online now   Reply With Quote