Television questions - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 02-09-2014, 04:46 PM   #15

Name: Jeff
Trailer: 2013 Scamp 16' 2012 Jeep Wrangler JK 4 Door
Lancaster County Pa
Registry
Carol, I know I saw pictures of your TV and mount but I can't find them now. Can you please re-direct me and tell me where I can buy that mount. Thanks.

Old 02-09-2014, 06:23 PM   #16

Name: None
Trailer: None
None
Factory Antenna

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgraps1958 View Post
Thanks Carol, I wrote an e-mail to Scamp to try to get more info since I found nothing in my paperwork. I will assume it is basic and cheap. I ordered an outdoor antenna from Tvantennasale.com. I'm sure the factory installed antenna will not have a range of 150 miles like this one does. I'm trying to cover all bases. Thanks for your help.
I had the factory TV antenna on my 1999 Scamp and I have the factory amplified TV antenna on my 2013 Casita. I found both antennas to have a relatively short range and provide marginal performance at best . My Casita TV works just great when hooked to a cable or satellite TV signal.

Old 02-09-2014, 07:39 PM   #17

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Carol, I know I saw pictures of your TV and mount but I can't find them now. Can you please re-direct me and tell me where I can buy that mount. Thanks.
The thread for TV mounts which has some pictures of the one I put in is at Television Mount. There is also a photo on my trailer register - link under my name on the side bar, Happy with it as it very easy to take the TV down while traveling and stick under bedding - I use push on type connections for the rear cables so easy to put back up. Its a PDR Under Cabinet Mount with Quick Release.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 07:37 AM   #18

Trailer: 2013 Scamp 16' 2012 Jeep Wrangler JK 4 Door
Lancaster County Pa
Registry
Thanks Steve, that's what I thought they would be.Glad I have a back up plan in the works. If that works half as good as they say I'll be happy.
Carol, Thanks again, I knew I saw it somewhere and liked it ! It looks like a great set up. I feel it is important to put the TV down when traveling to limit damage.
Old 03-04-2014, 07:21 PM   #19

Trailer: 2011 Scamp 19 ft Deluxe
Florida
Quote:
OK Jon, your link to the antenna store was helpful. My main question is when you buy the basic boom a rang antenna from Scamp for 40 bucks I think all you get is an antenna and a hook up port inside the camper, am I correct in this thought ???? It's rang may also be very limited, right ??
My Scamp installed "boom-a-rang" antenna came with a booster. Part of the Scamp antenna package. Look in a cabinet close to where the cable from the antenna enters the cabin. It gets it's power from the 12 volt side of you electric.