Television solutions - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-23-2015, 09:36 AM   #1

Name: Tom
Trailer: Parkliner
North Carolina
Television solutions

Hello all-
I have a small project and need some guidance. I have a 19" RCA TV/DVD combo and I want to mount it in our Parkliner. It looks like a good place to put it is to the right of the galley area on a double swivel mount. I have two questions:
1. What's a good mount and quick release device (for removing the tv while traveling) at a reasonable price?
2. Is there a favored non permanent mounted antenna for those times when cable and/or Redbox isn't available?
Thanks for any and all input
Thomasl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 02:26 PM   #3

North Carolina

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
Old 02-23-2015, 02:28 PM   #4

North Carolina
Thanks for your quick reply. This sounds like the perfect solution. I will order today.

Do you have any suggestions for an antenna for those times when the campground doesn't have a cable hookup?

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
Old 02-23-2015, 03:21 PM   #5

Name: Fran
Trailer: None now - had 2 Scamps and 1 Escape
Registry
We have one of those that you place against the window. I think it is this one:
Amazon.com: Winegard Company FL-5000 FlatWave HDTV Indoor Digital Flat Antenna - Made in USA: Electronics

We have used it only a couple of times and it seems to work but we don't have a lot of experience with it so we can't say if it is THE solution to go with. There are folks who are using a variety of other options and maybe they will chime in.
Fran L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 07:19 PM   #6

Trailer: 2000 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Antenna? If you are a do-it-yourselfer, try this: Watch Television For Free - DIY Digital TV Antenna

--Dan Meyer
Dan Meyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 06:05 AM   #7

North Carolina
Thank you for the antenna info. From my research so far, it looks like there are several viable options. Distance from tv stations and antenna placement seem to be key. (Reminds me of my childhood with rabbit ears, aluminum foil and the designated person to hold rabbit ear in just the right place for the best reception.)
Old 02-24-2015, 07:44 AM   #8

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Tom
After recently spending 30 days on the road using a Jack antenna I am sold on this product. For about $40. (Currently in store sale at CW.) you can get a get a jack antenna head and mount it to a pool pole or conduit. CW also just put the roof mount antenna on sale on line today for $140. The roof mount antenna has a signal strength meter and it rotates. The only issues I had with the roof mount was some DC fan motors cause interference when turned on and the mast is short and a roof mount A/C can block some signals if it between the antenna and the station.
This is just an option from my own experience.

Eddie
Eddie Longest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 08:36 AM   #9

North Carolina
Thanks, Eddie. I'll check it out on my next visit to Camping World.