That vinyl stuff around the windows - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-13-2003, 07:45 AM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
That vinyl stuff around the windows

OK, I realize that is not the scientific word for it... What is the vinyl strip that fits into the channel around the window where it is riveted (or screwed) to the sidewalls called? And where might one find it? The guy at the RV place showed me a RV Trim Repair Kit, and the trim it T shaped and about 1" wide... not what I need. This is about 1/2" wide and shaped like a flattened out U, and is squeezed into the channel.

When I removed the trim to take out the windows, it was so brittle it cracked and broke. I'm guessing it was very pliable when it was new 32 years ago :) Thanks!

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2003, 08:22 AM   #2

Vinyl Trim

:wave
Good Morning Eric!
I found that the vinyl insert you are needing is available in 3 widths, (1/2", 3/4", and 1") and three colors (Brown, Black and Ivory) and is available through Atlas Coach Wholesale in Canada and their many dealers, also Through Camping World in Canada and the USA as well as most aluminum window manufacturers, Such as Berdick, Hehr etc.
If you can source out one of these outlets in your area, your problems may be over. P.S. It comes in 10' packages in some R.V. stores and by the foot in most wholesale outlets
Hope this helps:banana
Cheers

Old 07-13-2003, 10:15 AM   #3

Oh! I know this one. It is called rigid screw cover. I mail ordered mine from a rv salvage/supply place in elkhart, indiana. They have the best price. But they only have black. That was one of the more fun things to do. Very satisfying. Like new shutters for the little house.

Old 07-13-2003, 02:23 PM   #4

weird. I wandered through most of the RV dealers in Calgary asking about it and at pretty much every place, they could identify it but said they hadn't seen it in 20 years... I only need two pieces to go along the tops of two of my boler windows...

It hasn't been critical yet though so I've ignored it.

Old 07-13-2003, 02:46 PM   #5

Muchas Gracias!!!:sporty

Old 08-28-2008, 09:02 PM   #6

Trailer: 1978 Boler
Quote:
Muchas Gracias!!!
screw cover for 4900 hehr series window item code H009-315 pelland enterprises phone 209-795-9330 Pellandent.com
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 09:14 AM   #7

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
This item was one of the things I purchased from an area R/V dealer that was closing its doors. Came in brown and black. Sold in 8' lengths. One might ask their r.v dealer to double check in their 'old stock' supplys for these cover strips.
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
windows