The Shadow Awning Replacement Poles - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-17-2019, 08:16 PM   #1

Name: GabeB
Trailer: 1980 Trillium 1300
California
The Shadow Awning Replacement Poles

Hi everyone, I need help finding the poles/legs for my old shadow awning (carefree of Colorado). When I bought my 1980 Trillium 1300, the shadow awning came with it but the legs that support the end of the awning to the trailer (when open) were missing and I have not been able to find any information on the legs so I don’t even know how they look. Any information that you can provide will be greatly appreciated. Also, if you know of any other telescopic poles or something similar that I can use, please let me know. Thanks a lot!
GabeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 10:04 PM   #2

Name: David
Trailer: Former 13’Scamp, now Snoozy
Arizona
Registry
Gabe, have you tried contacting Carefree of Colorado with the model number and your request for parts?
Dave & Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 12:41 AM   #3

California
I contacted Carefree of Colorado but they don’t know anything about “The Shadow Awning” as it was discontinued years ago. There have been some previous threads about this awning and its parts but I have yet to see a photo of the poles that hold the outer end of the awning to the trailer. Thank you for the reply Dave and Paula
Old 06-18-2019, 12:44 AM   #4

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
You might want to post a photo of this awning.
Old 06-18-2019, 02:29 AM   #5

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Yes a picture would be good, but I wonder if the awning's OK if you couldn't use extension paint poles for replacement legs.
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 08:50 AM   #6

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Not sure they will fit, but my 1977 Trillium came with an A & E transawn 2000 awning, and I needed parts for it. A & E stopped making them decades ago. But.... they licensed the design to a south African company, who still makes them! Now its called an eezi awn 2000. And they have a stocking distributor in Utah. I had to buy tension rods.

I have no idea what your awning looks like, nor what the parts look like either. But some designs have survived under new ownership. Good luck with the hunt.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 11:22 AM   #7

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
some of the older Carefree awnings were products from the European Dometic company.

One place to find vintage awning parts is at RV wrecking yard sources where they are selling the bits and pieces from old RVs. There are such place around the various states across the country. Be be sure you have your browser protection enabled when you go to searching off of old reference list to those RV scrap yards as some of them have been hacked.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 12:00 PM   #8

Name: Dave
Trailer: 2013Escape 21
Iowa
Look into what is available from Scoutstuff the official Boy Scouts website and see if any of their extendable telescopic poles for dining flys or tents would work. Also perhaps Campmor site.
Good Luck
Iowa Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 12:04 AM   #9

California
Thanks a lot everyone for your suggestions, advises and more. I’ll look into it this weekend to see what I can find. Thanks again.
Old 08-13-2019, 01:38 PM   #10

Name: Murray
Trailer: Trillium
Saskatchewan
Registry
Awning Poles

Hi,

Don't know if these poles are what you are looking for. Just came across them when searching for a rope and pole awning for my 1974 Trillium 1300.

https://www.vintagetrailersupply.com...p/vts-2127.htm

Murray
Kommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 02:02 PM   #11

Name: Derek
Trailer: Bigfoot
British Columbia
awning poles

Hi there. I'm in a similar situation. Trying to do a temporary awning system on a tiny budget. I had some luck on Amazon with 'extendable window washing poles'. You probably need to do a bit of a 'bodge' to make the pole ends compatible but the prices were pretty good.

Maybe you can do some window washing after the season's over!
burrorojo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning