The wax product I told you I'd tell you about when I found out what it was!! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Maintenance | Restoration | Modifications | Problem Solving > Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-09-2016, 02:42 AM   #1

Name: Donna
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy
Florida
The wax product I told you I'd tell you about when I found out what it was!!

Good morning friends! Welllll, at last, our Snoozy that's been being worked on by the extremely talented owner of Land & Sea Detailing here in Orlando, will be ready to come home on Saturday!! He's done an incredible job of everything we asked him to do! He went to his "color expert" in Ocala to match the tan color gel coat in the repairs he did.
Remarkable match!

After the repairs were completed, (all cracks were done) He did a complete sanding & wax job with a "heavy duty, very durable clear coat"(gorgeous!!)which I just learned about & was anxious to share with everyone who asked about it.

Marine Products.

He also cleaned up the belly band to like new condition. How? WD40 to clean it, then applied a dressing that's something like~ an armour all, but~ for boats, which is his specialty.It looks like new! He also installed a Maxx air fan in the bathroom wall, as well as replaced the 5 btu ac with an 8,000. It's like a meat locker in there now! The old cover for the ac was cracked, rusted as well, so we purchased a new one from Snoozy, which he sprayed to match the tan color and installed. whew!! It looks factory done...he's truly an expert!!

Hoping to post pic's Soon!! Our inaugural trip will be the first Snoozy rally in Swansea S.C. on November 3-6 -Can't wait! Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
DonnaMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 03:11 AM   #2

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Hi Donna, can't wait to see the pics. I've been following your posts but have to admit I don't remember the cracks you talk about. Any chance you could post pics and a reason why it happened? The only cracks I've heard of on a Snoozy was on the cargo model.
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 03:24 AM   #3

Name: Donna
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy
Florida
regarding...cracks in the gel coat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borrego Dave View Post
Hi Donna, can't wait to see the pics. I've been following your posts but have to admit I don't remember the cracks you talk about. Any chance you could post pics and a reason why it happened? The only cracks I've heard of on a Snoozy was on the cargo model.
hi Borrego D.Gosh, Yeah, i've not posted any pic's yet because...sheesh, my computer skills are less than great! I'll try though! The Snoozy is a 2013, ...gel coat cracks aren't~ uncommon, but the p.o. had an accident on the tongue which created the biggest one. It's all fixable...if you either know what you're doing, or find someone (which we did!) that does.Of course...it's sure not cheap, but we didn't want a novice working on it. Fortunately, we had a lil wiggle room since we purchased used & it was wonderful that we were able to find a twin bed model, as my husband would NOT have fit in the queen one & we simply didnt want to crawl over at our ages. This worked for us!
DonnaMarie is offline   Reply With Quote