Thermocouple for 78' Boler - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2013, 10:17 AM   #1

Name: Jenna
Trailer: Boler
Saskatchewan
Thermocouple for 78' Boler

Does anyone know the make and model of the furnace for the '78 Boler B1700 model? Needing to replace the thermocouple, and can't seem to find any short enough for my needs. Owner's manual is MIA...
JennaW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 01:07 PM   #2

Trailer: 2002 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Send a message via Yahoo to Darwin Maring
Replaced the water heater thermocouple last week with a longer one that I found at Home Depot. Connected it and left the center part looped in a circle to take make it fit. Less than $15. Then found one at Ollies for less than $4 so now I have a spare.
Darwin Maring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 06:42 PM   #3

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Among the manuals in the Fiberglass RV Document Center section for furnaces there is a manual for Suburban Dynatrail furnaces. The furnace in my 1979 B1700RGH is a Dynatrail NT-12MEC.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 04:59 PM   #4

Trailer: 1978 Boler 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
Among the manuals in the Fiberglass RV Document Center section for furnaces there is a manual for Suburban Dynatrail furnaces. The furnace in my 1979 B1700RGH is a Dynatrail NT-12MEC.
Hey Brian,

How have you been guy? I haven't been on this site for a few years. Saw your reply and wanted to say HELLO.

Maybe (Lol) you can help me out. I was intending to do a post. My Fridge is working Electrically and is great, However, I recently have problems when using LP. For Instance, when I light the pilot I intentionally wait 1-2 minutes before releasing the Gas, The pilot keeps going out. I took out the thermocouple and cleaned it. Do you think I need a new valve, or perhaps a new thermocouple? Where can I find these items in Edmonton, Any ideas?
Earlier last week while traveling I did manage to keep it lit, but every-time I opened the fridge it went out. and I kept relighting it.

Stay Well and keep safe

Errol Holbrooke
Errol Holbrooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 06:25 PM   #5

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Hey Errol... it has been a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Errol Holbrooke View Post
My Fridge is working Electrically and is great, However, I recently have problems when using LP. For Instance, when I light the pilot I intentionally wait 1-2 minutes before releasing the Gas, The pilot keeps going out. I took out the thermocouple and cleaned it. Do you think I need a new valve, or perhaps a new thermocouple?
The usual problem is the thermocouple, but the solenoid in the valve could fail, too. My home furnace pilot wouldn't stay lit, and it turned out to be dust in the gas tube to the pilot burner, not the thermocouple or valve at all.

Quote:
Where can I find these items in Edmonton, Any ideas?
My guess is that the thermocouple at least is a common item, so any RV shop is likely. I find the people in parts at Woody's and Carefree good, but for sheer range of repair items Edmonton RV (on 63 Ave) might be better. I don't know if any of them have a clue about Bolers, but given the old part they should be able to find a replacement.

There are also at least three mobile RV service businesses in the area, who will come to your home to fix your trailer, and bring the parts.

Quote:
Earlier last week while traveling I did manage to keep it lit, but every-time I opened the fridge it went out. and I kept relighting it.
Now that's weird, since there should be no connection between the inside and the burner area. I wonder if there's a crack in the cabinet and some undesirable airflow occurring?
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:02 PM   #6

1978 Boler Furnace

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennaW View Post
Does anyone know the make and model of the furnace for the '78 Boler B1700 model? Needing to replace the thermocouple, and can't seem to find any short enough for my needs. Owner's manual is MIA...
Hello Jenna,

The Furnace in my 1978 Unit is a Hydro Flame Furnace Model # BRC 10A its a space heater with 0-4500 ft.

Thats all I have

Regards
Errol
Old 08-12-2013, 07:17 PM   #7

Thermocouple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
Hey Errol... it has been a while.

The usual problem is the thermocouple, but the solenoid in the valve could fail, too. My home furnace pilot wouldn't stay lit, and it turned out to be dust in the gas tube to the pilot burner, not the thermocouple or valve at all.

My guess is that the thermocouple at least is a common item, so any RV shop is likely. I find the people in parts at Woody's and Carefree good, but for sheer range of repair items Edmonton RV (on 63 Ave) might be better. I don't know if any of them have a clue about Bolers, but given the old part they should be able to find a replacement.

There are also at least three mobile RV service businesses in the area, who will come to your home to fix your trailer, and bring the parts.

Now that's weird, since there should be no connection between the inside and the burner area. I wonder if there's a crack in the cabinet and some undesirable airflow occurring?
Hey Brian, I checked and no crack. I read a thread where the guy bought a thermcouple from Home Depot. The needle was longer than the existing so he put a bend in it to fit over the flame and he said it worked perfectly.. hmmmmm Idid buy one from Rona and took it back. Whats your thought on doing something like that?

Thanks

Errol

Tags
boler