Thetford/Norcold NR751BB - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-14-2013, 01:23 PM   #1

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
Thetford/Norcold NR751BB

If you have experience with this Norcold model or the NR740BB, I'm interested in getting your eval of performance and durability. I can buy this fridge for $718 to include shipping and an AC power cord. Can buy Waeco with similar footprint, capacity, but not Chinese-manufactured for under 9C$ so interested in feedback from Waeco owners also. TIA

jack
rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 08:58 AM   #2

Name: jim
Trailer: Escape 21 Nov.2016
Florida
Registry
fridge

My friend has the waeco 50cf model it works great Im wondering are the norcold just as good ?
engel is best? or is it waeco/dometic or norcold ?
we have a dorm fridge but want a 12 volt fridge for off grid camping natl parks etc. anyone with info please chime in
jennykatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 11:46 AM   #3

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
I found the Norcold at Eastern Marine $599/$623 w/ 12OV power cord which IS NOT included. I am 12mi. from the store. With no sales tax and no shipping, I couldn't pass it up. I installed it in late October. My first impression of performance was favorable. Evaluating cycle time on/off and amp hours draw will have to wait until spring and warmer weather. I added one layer of Reflectix to the exterior and taped seams with aluminum reflective tape.

jack
rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 11:54 AM   #4

Name: Eric
Trailer: Scamp 13
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit View Post
If you have experience with this Norcold model or the NR740BB, I'm interested in getting your eval of performance and durability. I can buy this fridge for $718 to include shipping and an AC power cord. Can buy Waeco with similar footprint, capacity, but not Chinese-manufactured for under 9C$ so interested in feedback from Waeco owners also. TIA

jack

We have a 751 also (slightly different model but Norcold 2.7cu ft) and have been very happy with it and would buy it again. We have had consistent performance in cool temperatures and desert heat. It may not have been the worst extremes but it was definitely 30-100F on a variety of trips. The compressor fridges are a little noisier than the absorption fridges, but we don't find it to be an issue. We travel mostly on paved roads but it has survived the bumps and shakes inherent in over 10,000 miles. I have done nothing to it since installing it myself.

Let me know if I can give you other information.
ericw is offline   Reply With Quote