those in need of foam for cushions... - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-09-2011, 12:52 PM   #1

Name: Tina
Trailer: Bigfoot
Quebec
those in need of foam for cushions...

I recently saw some of you asking how to get good foam to replace the original cushions... someone suggested using a memory foam mattress and cutting it...

we are without a Boler now but when I saw the sale at Aldi I thought I would pass along the info. Seems like a great deal for a queen size memory foam mattress... could be cut to size for a Boler for sure.

ALDI - special buys from january 12, 2011

I wish Canada had Aldi, fortunately we are not far from the border.

Hope this helps those in search for new cushion foam.
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 08:57 PM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 1983 13' Scamp
Massachusetts
Hey Tina, we are looking for foam and it looks like one of these stores is near by. One question though, they mattress is 8" thick. I was thinking about 4" for our cushions. Are you planning on cutting it down and if so how?
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 04:41 AM   #3

Quebec
I no longer have a Boler (sad I know) However I think the 8 inch would still work. Just need to redo the pattern for the covers.

The sale was for one week, hope you still find some. Great price.
Old 01-18-2011, 07:22 AM   #4

Massachusetts
Just looked around on the web, it seems Walmart also has these memory foam mattresses in different thicknesses (we live on a boat so never look at home mattresses). They also have a 4" topper. The prices are similar to the sale at Aldi (wonder on the quality on Aldi compared to Walmart). Thanks for the idea, this may solve where we get our foam.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:41 PM   #5

Quebec
Living on a boat and camping, you have my dream life. Enjoy and I hope you find the best foam for a great price.
Old 01-18-2011, 07:11 PM   #6

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
It's easy to cut foam with an electric knife. But it wouldn't be good for taking 8" foam to 4" foam. That pretty much requires a hot wire. Otherwise the foam would be really rough cut... read lumpy.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:27 PM   #7

Massachusetts
Yup, I sort of thought that it would end up lumpy. Walmart also sells a 6" mattress that reviews say ends up being slightly less thick. That may be the ticket. So they have 4", 6", 8" and 12". Should cover things.