Thought it was an 86 Trillium Jubilee - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-07-2008, 05:16 AM   #1

Trailer: Trillium Jubilee
Thumbs up

Hi everyone. I thought I had bought a 86 Trillium Jubilee but the person had given me the wrong ownership. Turns out the ownership is gone and so is the VIN number off the trailer. These people had it from new. I can get a new ownership but I'm trying to figure the year approx.. It has the wood cabinets in it if thats a help for anyone. Thanks Tim R
Tim R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 08:08 AM   #2

Trailer: 1989 Bigfoot 17 ft and 1989 Li'l Bigfoot 13 ft
How about posting some pictures. The brilliant people here will have it figured out in no time!

How come the VIN # is removed, especially if these people you are buying from are the original owners? If it were me I'd be concerned about that, especially when you factor in that they don't know what model/year it was themselves...
Lainey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 08:23 AM   #3

Trailer: 1975 Surfside TM14 (front kitchen)
Registry
Send a message via MSN to Scott S. Send a message via Yahoo to Scott S.
I was thinking the same thing. did they never have it insured... maybe their insurance company has a record.
Scott S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:58 AM   #4

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
Hi Tim,

The Trillium Jubilee was first made in 1978 (though my understanding is there was a 1979 year of the Jubilee) and I believe it was built until 1981. Trillium went under in 1982 so that's latest they could have been built.

Here is a thread I started about the Jubilee
Booker B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 11:16 AM   #5

Quote:
How about posting some pictures. The brilliant people here will have it figured out in no time!

How come the VIN # is removed, especially if these people you are buying from are the original owners? If it were me I'd be concerned about that, especially when you factor in that they don't know what model/year it was themselves...
The people who owned it have had it just sitting for the last 20 years. It still has the original tires on it. They are in their late 80's and the husband has Alzhiemers. You can see whats left of the sticker but not enough to make out the numbers. I can get a new ownership but I was trying to get roughly what year it was to put on it. I didn't know it was just the Trilliums that had the wood cabinets. I had to reseal the roof vent and i almost got the floor in it. The cushions still look like new in the beast.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:18 AM   #6

Quote:
The people who owned it have had it just sitting for the last 20 years. It still has the original tires on it. They are in their late 80's and the husband has Alzhiemers. You can see whats left of the sticker but not enough to make out the numbers. I can get a new ownership but I was trying to get roughly what year it was to put on it. I didn't know it was just the Trilliums that had the wood cabinets. I had to reseal the roof vent and i almost got the floor in it. The cushions still look like new in the beast.

I mean the Trillium Jubilees that had wood cabinets.
Old 10-07-2008, 12:33 PM   #7

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
Hi Tim,

Just for your information the Trillium 5500's also had wood cabinets.
Booker B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 12:34 PM   #8

Quote:
Hi Tim,

Just for your information the Trillium 5500's also had wood cabinets.

oh ok
Old 10-07-2008, 01:08 PM   #9

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Quote:
Turns out the ownership is gone and so is the VIN number off the trailer.
Tim
Check all around the outside for various stickers and plates. The VIN in many cases was stamped into the metal on the tongue somewhere, If it had been painted, sometimes it can be hard to see.
Also check inside the closet doors.

Sometimes if there was some literature somewhere, it will give a clue.

Roy
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 01:13 PM   #10

Quote:
Tim
Check all around the outside for various stickers and plates. The VIN in many cases was stamped into the metal on the tongue somewhere, If it had been painted, sometimes it can be hard to see.
Also check inside the closet doors.

Sometimes if there was some literature somewhere, it will give a clue.

Roy
Ok thanks. I'll check and if I figure out how to post pics I'll do that as well.
Old 10-09-2008, 11:42 AM   #11

Name: Tom Young
Trailer: Trillium Manufacturing
Arizona
I'll jump in here, and try to help out.

Not many Jubilees were made, and I'm sorry that I don't remember the production years. (Approx. 1978-1981)
The interiors were NOT Ensolite. They had a thinner foam backing, with a white, stucco type appearance. (Kids liked to poke off the kernels.) The interiors were conventional wood & paneling. The entry door is a flat standard trailer door, not molded & curved like the 1300 & 4500 models. We tried to create a look closer to conventional trailers, in order to expand market share. - And hold down our escalating costs.

Serial Numbers (All Trilliums Models): Placed on the front lower left body of the trailer.
Also on the back of the closet door, on the spec sheet.
If these items are missing, some ways to get the the mfg. year info:
In the trailer:
Appliances sometimes carry a manufacture date.
A/C, Fridge, Stove, Furnace, Tires- (if still original; Designated as size A or B 78x13)
To get VIN: Some trailers had the number stamped into the frame tube near the coupler. The impressions were not very deep, and are probably filled with paint now.
Previous/original owner: Should be able to narrow down when purchased/registered. Check with the local DMV for that State/Province. If it has an old license plate on it; again, DMV should be able to figure it out. Throughly search the interior for old documents. It may surprise you to find things in the back corners.

Since I'm asked frequently about the VIN & year, I'm thinking of setting up a database of trailers where the serial numbers & mfg. date are known. This will be a long process, so I hope as many that have the info will participate. (And encourage others.)

Current owners should send in their info to Projects[at]TrilliumRV.com
Your info will be confidential.

Send any other ideas you have as well. I too, would like to have an accurate history & database on the Trilliums. Unfortunately, none of these records survived the company.

Thank You.

Tom Young
Trillium RV
TomA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium