Too Much Febreze - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-18-2009, 10:38 PM   #15
Name: Gina D.
Trailer: '77 Leocraft 17 & Former Burro owner and fan!
West Coast USA
apple cider vinegar (ACV) and baking soda
oh please don't use those together.. or you will have a whole other smell to deal with.

Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 10:43 PM   #16
Name: Rachel
Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
oh please don't use those together.. or you will have a whole other smell to deal with.

Just think of what happened to Bill Nye...

Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 10:52 PM   #17
Trailer: 2008 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
My mother-in-law's part time neighbor called her to check their refrigerator as they forgot to empty it when they unplugged it when they left town the previous week. The smell was horrible, ground beef had been rotting for days in the summertime. I figured time for a new refrigerator as it must be in the insulation. She said "no problem" and placed an open dish of vanilla extract in it and closed it up. Amazingly a few days later, the odor was gone. Might be worth a try if you like vanilla.
Donna DL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 11:11 PM   #18
Name: Cyndi
Trailer: 1976 Boler 13 ft
British Columbia
Wow Carl, a guy that cleans that good, better watch out. Lot's of women are looking for a great cleaning hubby............................... Do you give lessons? My Hubby sure could use a few classes.
ha ha ha ha ha ha I never thought of that. almost as in demand as a good cook. Lookout!
cyndi H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 11:32 PM   #19
Name: Greg
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19
Hi everyone! My name is Carl O and I'm a Febreze Addict.

Hi Carl O!

It all started when I bought this trailer........................................... ......
Scamp Owners International
2005 Escape 17-B
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 08:22 AM   #20
Trailer: 1990 Scamp 16 ft
The internet is a wonderful tool.

While looking for a way to get rid of the Febreze smell I read a message thread where the final line was, "How do you Febreze Febreze?"

Trust me, that is one product that will NEVER see the inside of my home or trailer again!

When this entire science experiment is done, I'll invite everyone over to smell my trailer. :-)

Carl O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 05:37 PM   #21
Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp
See a topic That New Smell. Jaci posted this. Maybe it will help.

"I worked for years in a pediatric intensive care, we would use fresh ground coffee beans set out in an open container to deodorize a room Use the amount you would use to make 2 large 12 cup pots of coffee. We had to be very careful with sprays and fragrances to avoid causing another patient to have severe respiratory problems due to asthma or allergies. It worked fairly quickly, usually less than 10 min, to deodorize the room without any harmful chemicals. You may need to set it out in the camper and leave it for a day or two."
Good luck
Brenda R.
Lady and the Scamp
brendaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 08:49 AM   #22
Trailer: 87 13 ft Scamp
Didn't have time to really read this whole thread... But, have you used a Dehumidifier to get rid of all possible moisture? Actually dont know if that would help or not. I use one in my basement several times a year to get rid of any mustiness that we might smell. Works pretty good. Although Fabreze is pretty powerful stuff. Hey, it could be worse... Could be Dog Pooh, or Skunk, or .....................
Pat R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 09:48 AM   #23
Name: Alfred
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2010 Nissan Frontier
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: All... I'm still trying to get past activating my charcoal. I usually squirt it with lighter fluid to get it started!!! Should I use a disposable aluminium pan on the floor ???
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie

Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote