Tool to use to remove boler faucet - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-19-2017, 01:55 PM   #1

Name: Mark
Trailer: Boler
Alberta
Tool to use to remove boler faucet

So I just bought a new rocket hand pump but due to lack the of access I am not sure how to remove the current boler faucet. It needs a larger wrench size but as they get larger they need more access anyone got any tips?
nzwasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 02:24 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Is the faucet behind the sink or on the sink? If behind, take out the sink. You'll find it easier to replace any kind of faucet too!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 02:53 PM   #3

Alberta
Its behind the sink however it looks like there is some really old wood between the sink (that the sink screws into) and the faucet that the faucet is butted up against. I think im going to try a basin wrench and then if I still cant do it I will try your idea.
Old 06-20-2017, 09:26 AM   #4

Alberta
The basin wrench cant grip it well enough. Does any body know the size of the nut holding in the faucet. Its bigger than 32mm as that is the largest size i have.
Old 06-23-2017, 10:49 AM   #5

Name: Tim
Alberta
Have a look underneath to see what you need. It will also be a LOT easier if you take out the sink. I did all of that only to find that mine were so corroded underneath that they wouldn't budge with any type of wrench. I ended up cutting them off with a hacksaw blade. Difficult but not impossible to do without damaging the fibreglass counter top.
TimR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 11:32 AM   #6

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I changed the faucet in my Scamp. Didn't take out the sink. What a miserable experience that ended up taking about 3x longer than it should. Trying to jam my shoulders through that small door opening, turning around and looking up, hands over my head and holding a flashlight. I was bruised up when I finished too. Never again.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 01:20 PM   #7

Alberta
If anyone is wanting to know the socket for a standard boler sink is 1 3/8 inches and I managed to so far remove one of the two nuts holding it in with this socket that I bought from princess auto. The other side of the faucet has a pipe (unsure what material) extending down that needs to be cut first so I'm either going to cut it with a pipe cutter or use my dremel with a blade attachment as its still a very tight space. I did not need to remove the sink to remove it as in my case I took my fridge out to work on the underside.

Tags
boler